Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 6 official announcement  (Read 21896 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Bud 6 official announcement
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:45:27 pm »
We are excited to announce that Bud6, our annual bee gathering at Big Daddy Bud's place in Macon, Ms will be held the weekend of April 12th & 13th 2014

More details will follow!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year!

...JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 08:39:03 pm by JP »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
Re: Bud 6 official announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 08:13:03 pm »
Count me in!

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:02:13 pm »
J.C. and I are planning on it!

David

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:29 pm »
flights booked.  count 2 more in.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:25:40 pm by kathyp »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »
thought i'd post this also.  this is the only game in town and last year they put up some people who were out of home because of a tornado.  i already had my room, so i was good.

http://www.openwifispots.com/spot_free_wifi_wireless_hotspot_Best_Western_Oak_Tree_Inn_Macon_MS_82981.aspx

not a bad place at all.  clean.  continental breakfast...coffee!!  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »
Not positive, but I think it's about the only motel in town.  Planning to be there also.  Had a great time last year.

Joe

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 11:58:27 pm »
Kathy  looking farward to it and plum tickled that chris is gona make it. bossman told me tonight he gona be here.  also got 2 real live cheffs suppose to come
to bee or not to bee

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 06:52:54 am »
Uncle Bud, you stole my thunder. Yes Kathy and JP, I know you were wondering, I will be at uncle Bud's this spring and getting the plans started now.  I'll see you folks then for sure peace.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:27 am »
Hey Kathy, if I can stay at that hotel can I bum a ride with you guys, promise not to be too obnoxious and only half drunk off my butt LOL.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:51:29 am »
shucks boss  just so tickled had to tell somebody   
to bee or not to bee

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:26:51 am »
beemaster, you are welcome to ride with us.  chris will drive so both you and the deer should be safe.  as to you getting obnoxious, in my travel kit is always some duct tape..... :evil:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:17 pm »
Out of curiocity Kathy, how long a drive (in minutes please) is the drive, I only ask cause I took a ride with Bud to a supermarket one time, think it was near there but seemed a bit of a haul.

Funny story, as we got out of the truck, Bud hands me a sub-compact pocket pistol and said "Keep dat wid jah Misduh John!" my only reply was, I thought were were just buying chips and soda!

Oh how my thoughts on personal protection has changed. If NJ was a state where conceal carry were allowed, there is no doubt I would. The idea seams so far difference that back at Bud One and two, and in a good way.

NOTE: All Bud imitations are on flattery of Bud's unique college educated phonetic spelling - too all of us who love him, when we read Bud's posts, we hear him talking to us!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »
it's not far.  maybe 10 miles?  it will take us longer because chris drives more slowly....

and yes, i read that you want it in minutes, but it's not many.  :-)  hope that's good enough.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »
John, just be careful as she is a deerslayer behind the wheel.... :-D :-D

Wish I could come this year, but after missing work in February for knee surgery and associated bills that come with it , I probably won't be able to make it.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 07:44:37 pm »
I wasn't really asking, my gerbil bladder was  :drowning:

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 07:50:57 pm »
Probably 15 minutes at most John. Last year we were ducking tornado debris the first couple days.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 10:58:30 am »
I imagine enough people will be staying there??? If Chris and Kathy want to get away early, I'm sure I'd get a ride. I wouldn't mind a cot set up in the back room by Bud's fridge, our bunk room at work (used for snow emergencies only of course - lol) isn't much more than a closet with a blanket and pillow.

I'm coming to see everyone, not too concerned with amenities at some swanky center city Macon luxury hotel, who am I Joan Rivers  :-D

NOTE: I shaved my beard a few weeks ago, I had it 6 months. Today, I start it again, I want to come to Bud 6 prepared, and I'm amazed at how little amount of hair that is when I shave it off, but it makes me look totally different. I only shaved it for a respirator fit test at work, now I have a reason to grow it back!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 11:37:40 am »
Just checked Best Western Oak Tree Inn Macon from Thursday to Tuesday, the hotel is booked solid. Now what??

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:36 pm »
call the hotel.  i looked on expedia and got the same thing, but when i called they had rooms.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 10:49:20 pm »
I wasn't really asking, my gerbil bladder was  :drowning:

This post John had me cracking up as I have the same problem as you.

anything