Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 6 official announcement  (Read 21896 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Re: Bud 6 official announcement
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 01:07:38 pm »
Count me in!!!!!!!!!     
I'm coming for sure.   

And sorry all i was a lil busy last summer but back and better now.
Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 04:12:04 pm »
sho looking faward to seeing you buddie
to bee or not to bee

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »
You know I wouldn't miss it for the world.   :)
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline tireman

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »
I hope I will be able to make it.  Bud gave me a invite no more than a week after joining the forum. I enjoy the forum, and want to meet the people behind it. Thanks to everyone for helping us new beeks out and being so friendly, and patient.
It is what it is

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »
  Buzzbee is pretty spot on John, about 13 miles and 15 minutes or if you were driving what I was which Bud described as " a little shitcan car" probably a little longer.
He also tried to pull that one on me to carry into the roadside restaurant for lunch. The only licence I had was to drive in the US and inside was the local Sheriiff, his deputy, the highway patolman and the resident judge. Wasn't I glad that I politely refused his offer otherwise I would have been sitting in a pool of sweat the whole time while we ate. Sorry Bud if I spoil your party trick on someone else, only wish I was there for you to try me again.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 12:03:56 am »
aw, Geoff, you would have been fine.  pretty sure no one would have cared, and open carry is probably legal in MS anyway? 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 09:56:33 pm »
It's highly likely that my wife and I'll be there as well. I got the same thing online, said it was booked up. There's a marriot 30 miles north of macon. I'd rather stay with the crew.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 10:19:10 pm »
last i checked there were still rooms at the hotel.  call them directly.  if you try to do it online especially thought a site like expedia, it shows full.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 11:29:41 pm »
I called them today....the guy said a room wouldn't be a problem. Kathy's right, call direct.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 07:37:30 pm »
My wife talked to them today. They said that their computer was dead and hoped to get another one this week. They didn't say but I wonder if that is why the E versions are showing booked up.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 02:43:26 pm »
It's official - I just booked the flights, see you all at BUD6!!!

PS.... if you have any ammo to share, bring it along with your gun and let this newbee gun owner shoot a few rounds :)

And Bud, I'll be on  WEDNESDAY NIGHT (tonight) on Ventrilo, hope some others join in around 5-8pm I need to burn a little data and can't think of a better way!!!

BTW - my arrival is 12:15pm the 10th and departure I believe 12:40pm on Tuesday - we sure can catch up with everyone, that's a bunch of days.

Kathy, wondering if you are flying into Meridian? which day, we might have the same flight.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »
we are flying into Birmingham on Thursday and driving over.  The flight times were better and we could use southwest in case something went sideways.  + free luggage :-)

we probably won't see anyone until Friday, unless you all go to dinner Thursday night or something.  i'll pm you my cell number. 

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 07:42:54 pm »
shucks Kathy when youall get here come on down gona bee something hapning al week getting ready heck we caught several swarms be fore the meet
to bee or not to bee

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »
i'll give you guys a call when we get into town, but i'm thinking it will be kind of late for thursday.  we'll probably see you guys bright and early friday AM.  and i'm on a diet so that i can eat those sinful cinnamon rolls!!

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »
<PS.... if you have any ammo to share, bring it along with your gun and let this newbee gun owner shoot a few rounds>

This is the south you'll have to be more specific or just say "Bring it all!"

Is there a place to shoot high power rifles? If so, I might bring one of my Russian cannons aka, Mosin Nagant, 7.62x54R or my AR15, ect

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 03:14:16 pm »

we always banging at something   as long as its safe and we don't know you so you sho gona have a fews eyes on you to start   if you consider your self proficient  you could probably talk up a little wager
to bee or not to bee

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 09:29:54 pm »
No Bud.., I ain't no good at nothing. I thought that Beemaster might enjoy shooting it. Him being from NJ I thought he might not have never seen one before. Yall don't have to worry 'bout me being a clown while we're shooting or holding a rifle.

..iron sights or scopes? I usually don't use no scopes.

:-D

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »
Out of the folks coming to Bud's, who would be interested in trading some of your local honey.  I am willing to make straight trades, pound for pound with whoever might want some Southeast Texas honey for special occasions.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »
Seeing how this is my first year, the closest thing I have to honey is dead bees on the landing ;)

I would be willing next year.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »
As far as the Mosin Nagant, I've watched about a hundred Youtube Videos on it. Awesome historical piece that came just a hair too late into WII but had surplus that still allows it to be one of the finest era rifles at an incredible price.

Would love to see on and to shoot one. I have this dream in my head of shooting 50 different firearms in 50 minutes (Video captured for Youtube of course) might just be a record for a Jersey Fella!!!

However it works out, I mention this only because it is important - I can't shoot no shoulder busters, I have a severed shoulder rotator cuff muscle and don't want to lay myself up for the week. A few shots here and there, I'll deal with that, but I can't be banging out a mag or clip of anything in a row that's gonna be slamming my shoulder - besides that, no S&W 500 magnum please - lol. Although, I sure would love to fire one.

Gonna be good to see all I know and meet so many new members there. Thanks for the offer, and The Mosin may not be far from adding to my collection - I can have all the long guns I want :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.