Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cut-out & trap outs, what do you charge?  (Read 9309 times)

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
Re: Cut-out & trap outs, what do you charge?
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 05:14:09 pm »
I charge $300 minimum here in Austin, TX. Plus extra expenses if I incur them.   Ya, I lose 3 out of 4 callers because that is too much, but I don't need the removal fee, hell, I have to give it too the wife to let me keep bees. I do it for the fun.

I hate it when I find myself doing a job for less, because I give up a day of my life for a hive that has a 50/50 chance to live.  It is far easier to trap swarms to get free bees.

My exceptions are helping broke little old ladies and broke single moms.
Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 09:50:51 pm »
<I would like you to verify that all those businesses only give discounts after jacking up the price first.>

Verify?  Why?  I am not trying to convince or investigate anyone.  I'm not even trying to start an argument.  You are taking this discussion defensively.  It is just a discussion about "how much does one charge for a bee removal".

<I am thinking you are doing some assuming there.>

No assumptions only facts.  How do I know?  Because I investigated them in the past.  That was my job.

Sorry for any inconvenience.  I'll just move on to another topic.
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.
Notice I did not say they were people who I admire !!!

bigbearomaha

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 10:40:12 pm »
 Edited:

I offer my apologies to all the forum members.  I have had a pretty stressful past couple of days and  I let myself get a bit carried away in my discussion/disagreement with gaucho.  Suffice it to say, I hope everyone runs things the way it works best for them and y'all have a good day.

Big Bear
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:05:56 am by bigbearomaha »

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 10:48:25 pm »
 :pop:
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:08 pm »
gaucho you can charge what you want.  i can do it for free.  isn't this a great country??

i don't do cutouts for people who act like an a$$ when i talk to them.  wouldn't hire anyone who acted like an a$$ either. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 11:28:16 pm »
Kathy, I had a guy call me late one evening about a swarm that he claims just moved into his soffit. I was in the area so I went by.

I told him I would call him in a few days to see if the bees had settled in or moved on. He had an air about him during my visit.

He called late the next day and left a message on the machine. His message "Are you going to come get these bees or what!"

Guess who didn't get a return phone call?  :lol:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com