Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: queen rearing slid show  (Read 3060 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline dlmarti

• House Bee
Re: queen rearing slid show
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:41:09 am »
Makes you wonder how they end up selling them for what they do, thats alot of labor in those slides.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 12:06:11 pm »
with 15000 mating nuc's look at it this way, say they sale (im not sure of their prices but these are examples)

(THESE ARE EXAMPLE'S, THEY COULD SALE MORE AT HIGHER PRICES, i AM USING THE LOW SIDE PRICE)
2000 packages W/QUEENS @ $45.00 = $90,000.00
13000 QUEENS                 @ $12.00 = $156,000.00

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF = $ 246,000.00

Not a bad year and that's if they load their mating nuc's just once

now they might sale more or less in both categories but you get the idea, and not to bad of money for working for yourself and doing something you love, then expenses and labor hit but I would think they sale more queens than 15000 a year especially with all these hives dieing and disappearing... 

Even after that they still do get honey and some pollination on top of the prices above, plus probably sale wax and pollen so add that in...... 

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline dlmarti

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 12:09:29 pm »
with 15000 mating nuc's look at it this way, say they sale (im not sure of their prices but these are examples)

(THESE ARE EXAMPLE'S, THEY COULD SALE MORE AT HIGHER PRICES, i AM USING THE LOW SIDE PRICE)
2000 packages W/QUEENS @ $45.00 = $90,000.00
13000 QUEENS                 @ $12.00 = $156,000.00

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF = $ 246,000.00

Not a bad year and that's if they load their mating nuc's just once

now they might sale more or less in both categories but you get the idea, and not to bad of money for working for yourself and doing something you love, then expenses and labor hit but I would think they sale more queens than 15000 a year....   

Add in a couple of employee's, and land taxes, supplies, etc, its not looking so good anymore.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 12:14:59 pm »
That is why you never see a millionaire beekeeper, but they do make a decent living...

land taxes isn't a issue, they put hives on farmers land and supply the farmer with free pollination, its a trade off, they dont own much of land that their bee's are on.... its a trade off, all the queen and package suppliers do this....

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 10:01:53 pm »
That is an awesome slide. I cannot believe they put all those queens in the same hive. Since they are all seperated they can't kill each other but still. Just wow.

I always explain to someone who wants to get into beekeeping bigtime under the impression they will get rich. I say when you find a commerical beekeeper driving a Mercedes than you may want to think about it. Outside of that do it because you enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

anything