Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31  (Read 26188 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 07:31:17 am »
If I were to buy Dadant frames would I run into a problem using Brushy supers ? So far I haven't run into anyproblems with anything not fitting into them.

You shouldn't.  I don't have any brushy supers,  but do have some of their frames and they fit fine in my other boxes.   Most frames are pretty standard,  or at least close enough to not make a huge difference. I have about 6 different frame manufactures and have no problems.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline srgebauer

• Brood
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 09:49:31 am »
Brushy is offering free shipping December. The details of the offer are in the journals.

Cheers,
Shane

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 10:19:04 am »
Brushy is offering free shipping December. The details of the offer are in the journals.

Cheers,
Shane

What journals? where? Please explain
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2009, 10:44:55 am »
What journals? where? Please explain

American Bee Journal
Bee Culture

Shane,

Welcome, nice to have you stop by and fill us in.

Rob...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 11:21:59 am »
Sorry about that, I did not see it in the Nov issues, (expecting to), and have not received any later issues. I thought I had read in one of them, that there would be no december issue, maybe I read that somewhere else. Has anyone received their Dec issues?

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 11:56:30 am »
Greg I bought the sidebars and bottom bars from Dadant to make my foundationless frames and I have all Brushy Mountain supers and woodenware. I didn't have any problems at all fitting them.

See if Ann wants to trade some of her plant divisons or seeds for the foundation. I will give you the foundation (96 sheets of medium) for some of the cool stuff Ann has growing, I can't remember what  she has from when I was there but whatever she needs to thin out.
I am always looking for stuff that I don't have yet.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:32 pm »
Greg I bought the sidebars and bottom bars from Dadant to make my foundationless frames and I have all Brushy Mountain supers and woodenware. I didn't have any problems at all fitting them.

See if Ann wants to trade some of her plant divisons or seeds for the foundation. I will give you the foundation (96 sheets of medium) for some of the cool stuff Ann has growing, I can't remember what  she has from when I was there but whatever she needs to thin out.
I am always looking for stuff that I don't have yet.

Thank you for that very generous offer. I'll ask her what she has and we'll see if she has anything you'd be interested in.
ETA: She says she has lots of plant divisions from what you can choose from but it'll have to wait until spring. About two or three weeks ago you wouldn't believe all the stuff she just pulled and threw into the compose pile because she had so much of it. We can figure out something next time we get together Natalie.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:15:34 pm by woodchopper »
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »
Sounds great, I figured on spring anyway. I can't believe she threw all that good stuff away, isn't that always the way.
I thought this would be a better deal since I can always use plants and you won't have to spend so much money buying stuff from the supply companies, even if she didn't have any plants I would have just gave you the foundation anyway.
I have some assembled medium Brushy Mountain frames too but they are grooved and I know you use wedge but if you need them let me know.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 10:30:41 pm »
Sounds great, I figured on spring anyway. I can't believe she threw all that good stuff away, isn't that always the way.
I thought this would be a better deal since I can always use plants and you won't have to spend so much money buying stuff from the supply companies, even if she didn't have any plants I would have just gave you the foundation anyway.
I have some assembled medium Brushy Mountain frames too but they are grooved and I know you use wedge but if you need them let me know.
Thanks for the offer of your frames but like you said we use only wedge. If you only saw what she threw away you'd die. I wanted to bring some of it up to Maine but she said some of it wouldn't like the soil conditions and cold climate. I remember thinking it was such a waste when I saw her just heaving it onto the compost pile. Must be the "Yankee" in me. :-D

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »
Yikes what is wrong with that woman! :-D
Hey I got some meatbirds going to the processor down your way next month if you want to try one, nice cornish roasters.

Offline sfisher

• New Bee
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 01:08:40 am »
Thanks Shane!

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »
I'm with you Big Bear!  Tulsa, OK would make another great central location for a bee supplier!!  I know I could get  help to make it happen. Tulsa is offering great benefits and discounts for new business'.  Interest in beekeeping is exploding out of the seams around here. We have over 300 members just in our Tulsa club, with many more on waiting lists for our beekeeping classes.  It would be great for beekeepers west of the Mississippi!

Offline sfisher

• New Bee
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2009, 05:47:46 pm »
Has anybody seen Brushy mnts add in any of the journals, what does it say?

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 07:16:20 pm »

I have not received either new issue yet. But as I stated in a previous post, I thought I had read in one of the November journals, that there would be no december issue, maybe I read that somewhere else.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2009, 08:25:44 pm »
The Brushy Mt. website now has a feature where you can directly speak with an employee in real time. I asked a question about free shipping the other night and Shane was the one who answered the question. He said they WILL have the free shipping special this year and if you didn't see the ad you could use "SANTA BC" as the promotional code and you would get the free shipping. I imagine the ad will be in the December issue of both Bee Culture and American Bee Journal.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2009, 12:43:24 pm »
This was in the monthly newsletter sent this morning too.

Monthly Specials

CYBER MONDAY: Are you looking for that special something for that special someone? We have added a new section to our website called "Holiday Gift Ideas". You can get 10% off anything in this section on November 30th only. To receive the discount you must enter the following code into the promotion code field of your basket.The code is PCCM. This code is only valid for internet orders.

FREE SHIPPING: Once again we are offering free shipping on Cyber Monday (November 30). Some exceptions; no glass containers due to the excessive packing and care to ensure safe arrival, truck shipments, and orders must be over $100. Unfortunately, we can only extend the free shipping offer to shipments east of the Mississippi River. If you are west of the river, we will contact you with the correct shipping charges. If you use the same promotion code as above (PCCM). You will get the 10% on the special items and free shipping.

Offline garys520

• House Bee
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:23 pm »
Just received my ABJ for December and Brushy Mountain has free shipping Dec. 1-18th (inside back cover).   I didn't see anything from Dadant on free shipping. 

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2009, 12:10:45 pm »
I received responses from Dadant and Brushy Mtn, and it is a "Bah Hum Bug" to beekeepers west of the Mississippi!  I guess I'll have to drive 200 miles to Paris, TX  Dadant to get my free shipping.  I also found out Western Bee Supplies is a branch of Dadant?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2009, 06:39:08 am »
and it is a "Bah Hum Bug" to beekeepers west of the Mississippi! 

Here you go -> http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,25751.0.html

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2009, 09:01:03 am »
woodchopper, if you are in maine, buy your woodenware from humble abodes and forget about the shipping...just pick it up.

http://humbleabodesinc.com/

deknow

anything