Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A pretty good deal on a jacket  (Read 3240 times)

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
A pretty good deal on a jacket
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:27:11 am »
I found this deal on a jacket/veil combo. For the price, I think its a heckuva deal. I ordered one last Friday and received it yesterday (Wednesday). All I've ever used has been a suit, but I think this will be perfect for quick trips to check feeders, etc.

http://htkbeesupply.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=55&product_id=55

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: A pretty good deal on a jacket
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:36 am »
you probably won't go back to the full suit for much of anything after the jacket.  that is a good price.  less than i paid for the last one i got.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:38:18 am »
I cant tell from the pic if its a pull over or zipped jacket.  I personally wouldn't like a pull over.   I love wearing a jacket over a full suit.  The only time I have a problem is when the back pulls up.   You dont want to look like a pro plumber when the bee's are testy

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:59 am »
I cant tell from the pic if its a pull over or zipped jacket.  I personally wouldn't like a pull over.   I love wearing a jacket over a full suit.  The only time I have a problem is when the back pulls up.   You dont want to look like a pro plumber when the bee's are testy

Its a full zip up jacket-but I did do the pullover thing on it. The veil zips off and has a protective flap that covers where the 3 zippers meet. I like it. I like the price even better.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:19:58 am »
I got this jacket for my husband and LOVE it!  best deal I found for a jacket and it is really easy to use and does the job well.  I have to buy one for me now, cuz hippiebee is getting frustrated that I'm always wearing it! :)  Plus the guy who runs HT Krantz is really nice and a small time supplier.  Love to support the small guys. :)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:38 am »
cuz hippiebee is getting frustrated that I'm always wearing it!

haven't seen many posts from the man with the excess hair  :evil:  ...or from you, for that matter.  how did your hives do over the summer?

and sorry for the OT  :fishhit:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:57:13 am »
Thanks for the info. Been waiting for a good deal to order my jacket. Just ordered one of these. The price is amazing.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:56 am »
Those that have them,  how is the sleeve length?  Some of the jackets I have purchased seem to have sleeves that are short for us tall folks. 
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:15:03 pm »
How much was their shipping? Larry

Offline oblib

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 12:25:32 pm »
How much was their shipping? Larry

To me UPS ground is $14.07    USPS Priority(2days) is $9.15

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 12:30:51 pm »
Thanks for the shipping cost! They're out of XL right now. Larry

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 02:00:05 pm »
Robo, Mikel has really long arms too, and it fits him well.  He's about 6' and rangy, maybe 160??  but I am bad at guessing volumes so that may be way off.  He got a medium I believe and likes it.

Hi Kathy!  We have had a really busy summer with jobs and our community arts group and friends' weddings etc.  It seems like it has been non-stop since June!  I am just not on the computer on the weekends like I used to be.  I am always lurking at work, but can't always post :).  In emergencies, I've been calling Iddee!  :-D The bees seem to be doing ok.  The splits are still small, and I probably should combine them, but I am going to try and nurse them through.  I'll probably post some pics from one of them in a bit. I'm feeding them up and am going to try and baby them through winter.  The swarm from Buds is bursting and full and I feel pretty good about them, if they don't eat everything up before spring. :)  They all seem healthy, if the splits are building a little slower than I would have liked.  We didn't have much flow at all this fall :(.  Thanks for asking! :)

Is it still raining in Oregon?  Ya'll didn't seem to have much of a summer at all.  How are your hives doing? 

love,
ziffa

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:30 pm »
Those that have them,  how is the sleeve length?  Some of the jackets I have purchased seem to have sleeves that are short for us tall folks. 

Im 5'11 and ordered an XL-it fits me fine. It has elastic on the wrists plus the thumb loop.  The only thing is, me and the English veils aren't getting along anymore. My big ole head fills them out pretty well and I always manage to get popped in the same place every time on the side of my forehead. So for splits, robbing etc, I use the round veil combo.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 06:21:52 pm »
Larry Bees, if you order now, they will back order and honor the sale price. If you wait to order, the sale will be gone and the regular price will be charged. They expect the X and XX to be in within 2 to 3 weeks.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 04:54:19 pm »
Thanks Iddee!

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:06 pm »
Got my jacket today. It's my first so I have nothing to compare it too, but it seems well constructed.

I wear a medium/large shirt depending on who makes the shirt so I ordered a Large Jacket. Fits great. Not too baggy not too snug.

Not sure about the veil. Seems well built but I am not sure that I know how to wear it properly. Is the double fabric back supposed to be against my head? Can't the bee's get through that?

Might see about 'upgrading' to the round veil style with the hat to keep it off my head completely. Of course long term I have grand visions of not wearing the jacket or veil.

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 08:23:16 pm »
I always wear a cap to keep the veil away from my head on the one I have.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
I always wear a cap to keep the veil away from my head on the one I have.

Me too..got tired of getting popped on the temple area when I was bent over doing something.

anything