Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee STINGS!!  (Read 10288 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Bee STINGS!!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 11:42:29 pm »
In October (I think it was that month) my wife got stung near the eye. I wanted to take a picture she threaten me if I did.  However because I have a sick sense of humor I knew she would have to go to work on Monday.

She had to tell all her coworkers that she got stung and how I was not beating her.

Not one to miss an oppurtunity. I showed up at her office near the end up her work day with flowers that had a big card on them that said in large letters I'm Sorry and in small letters "from the bees." I had the florist make small bees in the bouquet out of colored pipe cleaners.

I thought it was great. My wife laughed but had a harder time defending me. I like making her life just a touch bit more difficult on occasion.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 12:01:33 am »
That reminds me of the time my bride and and I had a little disagreement and I I didn't see her for a whole week .  Then I started seeing her just a little bit out of one eye.

Too slow to duck   ---Burl---  quack!
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 01:13:12 am »
I think its great ya'll can laugh at these pics. What's incredible, is that you guys actually take pictures of this stuff. The last thing on my mind would be taking pictures while I or someone else is in misery. Like Brendhan's wife, I would be afraid to take a picture of someone whose eye is swollen shut, but I guess that's just me, and perhaps Jerry. Yrs ago I got stung on the lip by a yellow jacket and my lip swelled and blocked my left nostril for most of that day. I didn't think once to take a picture, I guess it would have been funny to look at in retrospect, but I just had no inkling whatsoever to take a picture. My Dad and I were coaching 11-12 football at the time, the kids had a blast with me, called me elephant man. Well, to each his own. Next time I may consider taking a pic to add it to the misery hall of fame ya'll got going here, but I usually where at least a veil when working bees, but ya'll can wish to your heart's content anyway, that I get stung in the eye, when I least expect it.

Not wishing to make the misery hall of fame, JP :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 01:14:17 am »
Brendhan, awe, that was cute, imagine that, your Wife must have been certainly more than impressed.  Beautiful day.  Cindi

Burl.  Ha, she got ya a good one eh?  Hee, hee.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bitterbierce

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 09:02:08 am »
About stings...
obviously I could and would not post the picture if I had it, but last summer while some recently acquired hives during the night, one of the bees crawled up my suit to sting me in the "scrotum", the fear and panic where greater than the consequences. You get to think many silly things when it happens.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 09:18:00 am »
About stings...
obviously I could and would not post the picture if I had it, but last summer while some recently acquired hives during the night, one of the bees crawled up my suit to sting me in the "scrotum", the fear and panic where greater than the consequences. You get to think many silly things when it happens.

I was stung right to the left of that area this past season performing a cut-out. Didn't hurt that bad really. This is the shirt I was wearing that day

...JP :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 09:47:44 am »
OK. I said this once on another topic somewhere.... but really I must know..... How does one find someone's pain, suffering, and/or embarrassment funny?

Its simple,  because all of us have been there, done that got the shirt..........  Like me,   decided to install a package with no veil (not the first time)  and dropped the package......  not a good move....   30-40 stings on my face and head.....   bad then  funny now......  (sorry no pics)

Offline acbs

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 11:08:19 am »
Saw this post revived this morning after several weeks and thought I'd post these, kind of a "bee sting closeup".  Had a hive that was a little edgy last year and had been stung a couple of times on the hand.  Figured I might as well get some benefit other than the venom out of it, so the next time I walked to the truck, got my camera, and took some pics.  Got to use a fast shutter speed cause those little buggers don't sit still!  Watching them magnified through a lens like this, they appear to have a mind of their own!  You can tell the difference between the two pics.  In the second one the stinger's in just a little deeper due to it's effort and the passage of time taken to shoot the pics.
Hope this isn't too far out of the original intent for the thread.
Arvin

If I know how many hives I've got, I haven't got enough.
Unknown

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:12:00 am »
Holy Cow!

Now that is a close up!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 12:31:32 pm »
Stung in places where the sun don't shine has gotta be the worst  :evil:  ;) :).  Haven't been there, but I bet its a whomper!!!

Arvin, wow, you have some pretty astounding shots going on there.  Nice closeups for sure.  I have watched the stingers go and move and get deeper, it kind of gives you the creeps.  Have a great most wonderful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 12:34:23 am »
Wow Acbs, cool pics!  I'll have to get my macro out next time.  The other day I got a visit under my shirt (I'll remember to tuck it in next time...) right on the side of the tummy and ka-bam!  Must have been like getting hit by a taser!  Swelling's going down and didn't take pics - looked like a beer belly on one half and normal on the other.  I think there was a thread or two about venom potency.  Just wondering if maybe older winter bees pack a bigger punch.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 11:37:03 pm »
at my house, the winter stings are alot better than summer stings!
I agree! THAT is one heck of a close-up!
your friend,
john

Offline JD

• New Bee
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 06:20:07 pm »
I have a Golden Bee suit. I hope its enough. That looks like it would hurt. Maybe wear two suits. JD                         

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 10:19:14 pm »
I have a Golden Bee suit. I hope its enough. That looks like it would hurt. Maybe wear two suits. JD                         

Don't worry.  You'll get stung one way or the other.  :shock:

anything