Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee STINGS!!  (Read 10289 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Bee STINGS!!
« on: December 31, 2007, 11:28:56 pm »
 Ok, Now that i know how to do a pic I have been dying to see bee stings! This is one of my favorites of me after my tranformation!...Look like anybody you know, Cindi?

Offline sean

• Field Bee
Re: Bee STINGS!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:57:16 am »
dont know about you guys up north but i aint going nowhere near my bees without my veil. I have 3 hives that i can WALK around without any problem & these are feral hives. but the main apiary, never.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:03:40 am »
John, OK you did it!!!  Good for you!!!!  This is going to be one of the funniest threads on earth.  I wonder how many of us have those special and beautiful pictures that make us all look like we are from that alien planet.  I love it!!!  So come on forum friends, put down your guard and show us all what you really look like after the bees have shown you their irritation.  I'll continue John's thread by putting in the picture of my Husband and one of myself.  The possibilities are endless.  Have the laugh of your life, greatest of days, and bring on those beautiful pictures you all know that you have to share, hee, hee  ;) :) :) :)  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:43:49 am »
Here is the DH looking pretty silly after being stung in the nose...a few hours in emergency and some good drugs didn't decrease the swelling for a good long time...I told him he looked like a "Simpson's" character!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 03:01:13 pm »
  OH BOY!!! This IS GREAT!!!
 I cant say anymore!!..My wife and I are squirting water from laffing now!!....Man, did you see the "Beek" on that guy!!
 Ok,...heres comin' back atcha!!( in a minute!)
yalls friend,
john

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 03:11:59 pm »
  Hi guys!!
 This is my friend, Paul who helps me with my bees all the time! I'm fixin' to give him his own hive probably next week!..See?...He's earned it!! This was a sting next to his eye(temple).
   VEIL????... who needa a VEIL when you can get laffs like this one!!
  Yalls friend,
john

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 03:38:12 pm »
 This is my "Lil' Buddy" Tank!
 He goes EVERYWHERE with me! Well, he used to anyways. Everywhere except to see the bees now! This wore off in about 2 days so hes' all happy again!!
your friend,
john

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 08:10:27 pm »
I've never got it too bad, by my little son did.  He's 2 1/2 yo and like his brothers wants to be right in the middle of everything that i'm doing.

I felt horrible about this episode, and was reluctant to share, but I thought we needed at least one cute picture on here  :-P.

Well, I had pulled a couple of supers with only a little honey stored, and had that setting by the shed.  Now most of the time, when the bees are robbing, they ignore everything but the food.  I've never had any problems, as long as I don't crush them....but this time they were mad...perhaps some bees from the hive that the super was from defending?

I was doing something with them, and he was watching, of course inching nearer and nearer (he LOVES bees!!) until he was maybe 5 feet away from the cloud of bees, when he started crying.  I rushed over knowing he got something, and he had a bee stuck to his eyelid and to his ear.  I ended up with one on my arm, but I didn't swell near so bad as he did.  Thankfully the swelling went down within a couple of days, but he was a bit miserable for a while.

The bandaid was just for the whole mental aspect of it, and that was as close as I could get it.

That was a time I felt like sticking a fire exstinguisher in the hive and letting them have it... but we'll just be a lot more cautious in the future!!!
Rick

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 08:37:54 pm »
Scadsobees,

Bummer! I know how you must feel. Is he afraid of the bees now?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 08:48:21 pm »
   Scadsobees!!!
 Your post oughta get a trophy!!!
My whole family is in here laffing hard!!!(Sorry, but .......Aw, man....Just cant help ourselves!!!!) My wife says,"He's soooo cute!!)
We feel guilty for laffing....sort of....

your friend,
john

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 11:33:04 pm »
OK. I said this once on another topic somewhere.... but really I must know..... How does one find someone's pain, suffering, and/or embarrassment funny?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:30 am »
Hindsight, retrospect always brings out the humor which didn't exist at the moment.  Its easy to chuckle when we know all turned out well.  Plenty of times when I thought my head was going to blow up that I can laugh about now.

Scared of bees?  No, he's a boy...they don't learn lessons too well :-D.  They love sitting watching the observation hive with me.  Kids are awesome...they love to do whatever we love to do. :)

-rick
Rick

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 09:53:28 am »
Rick, what a picture, you are so mean (hee, hee).  I love to look at these pictures, it is funny how feel so protective over our children, glad you didn't torch your bees  ;) :)

John, see what you thread started, now we can all laugh our guts out, yea!!!  Your friend will get more bee stings, no doubt about that.

Jerry, it really sounds like you are serious when you say you don't understand how other people's misery can make others laugh.  I cannot answer this question for you.  But, I know that it makes me laugh, I am not mean-hearted or narry a nasty bone in my body, but these things make me laugh.  Do they seriously not make you?  Maybe those sleep issues have affected you in different ways.  I think that good belly laughing at things that happen to people are good.  Now and then there are times when things are so awful that they are not funny, and most people don't laugh, they just say something like "awe, oh no", only certain bad things that happen to people are funny and there is a fine line.  Have a wonderful and greatest of day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 10:49:00 am »
Jerry, it really sounds like you are serious when you say you don't understand how other people's misery can make others laugh.

Taken to coffee house. Look for "Pain = Funny"
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 12:38:02 pm »
Don't worry, he'll appreciate that shiner when he gets bigger.  If his brothers are any indication, he'll add a few more to keep it company!!!!

(we are on first-name basis at the med center.....they even named one of the rooms after use!!!)
Rick

Offline LocustHoney

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 11:29:52 pm »

My wife still laughs today!!! :-D  Oh wait...that was the frying pan pic...sorry. Yo Adrian!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:13:39 pm by LocustHoney »

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 11:48:17 pm »
ROFL again!!!
 Way to go locusthoney!!
 With your permission, may I laff??
Ok,...I'm laffing no matter what anyone thinks of me!!

Your friend,
john

Offline LocustHoney

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 10:23:16 am »
I e-mailed this to my boss and he showed everyone this pic. It is still the must see pic at work. They all gasp and then, of course, laugh.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 10:51:21 am »
Locusthoney, now that is one funnnneeeee picture.  Man do I laugh when I see these poor swollen faces, can't wait to see more, I have this evil side  :evil: :roll: :-P ;) :)  Have a wonderful and greatest of days.  Cindi

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 06:22:19 pm »
It is comical to me as well...once I know someone is out of the woods as far as anaphylaxis...then I laugh so hard...good ole "dark humor" which I unfortunately have plenty of!

LOL

anything