Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Poland China  (Read 10050 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Poland China
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:44:55 am »
Picked up 2 Poland China pigs this weekend.  We named them Ham and Chops.   Our 12 year old will show one for 4H this year.  They had a 15 minute ride in the back of my truck and it no longer smells of honey and bee's wax

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Poland China
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:28:16 am »
We picked up two hamshire piglets a couple of weeks back for breeder stock and I didn't think I'd ever get that smell off my truck! Keep us informed on your poland chinas...I'd like to compare growth rates.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:34:33 am »
these started out at 54 and 58#s.   

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »
Where are the pics?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:20:10 pm »
Ok, mine started at #35 and #40.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 01:19:35 pm »
These are the pigs as of 2 weeks ago.  You can almost see them growing

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:01:14 pm »
They look delicious.

Steve 
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline saperica

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:18 pm »

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 08:48:38 pm »
check this one, from my country: http://www.viarural.com.ar/viarural.com.ar/ganaderia/asociaciones/exteriorcerdos/black-slavonian-02.htm
for best meat produtcs.
Nice looking pigs!    Its a good thing they get big because as piglets they would be hard to butcher

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 07:24:06 pm »
... check this one, from my country

They look plum scrumptious.

Offline Okytransplant

• New Bee
  • Living the Good Life
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 12:11:52 pm »
Yes they are some good looking hogs. I have images of chops, bacon, and smoke ham running around in my head. YUM!!

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 01:18:29 am »

Give us a hollor when they get about 200# to 220#.  That's a good size to scrape after scalding, but don't get the water to hot that will set the hair.

Joe

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:34:49 am »
the pigs have topped 200#s.   Feed cost were rising so I had a choise to start dumpster diving or get a 3rd job.   I picked the dumpsters at 1 bakery and one gas station on the way to work.  With a potato fork I just hook what I want.  Bakery has a 1/2 of garbage bag of day old sweet rolls every morning and the gas station has pizza and popcorn

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:33:00 am »
... check this one... for best meat produtcs.

:-D saperica, please tell me you aren't wasting good turnip greens on a pig!  :-D

... Bakery has a 1/2 of garbage bag of day old sweet rolls every morning and the gas station has pizza and popcorn

Yum, cream filled pork chops and mozzarella flavored bacon!

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 08:25:19 am »
 stepson showed one of his pigs at the fair and took a second place in his weight class

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »
I have been hearing a bit about pig flu from the fairs this year.   Just something else to worry about, or the news making a mountain?

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »
Hogs take there final ride monday morning.  They will top 275lbs.   

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 04:14:28 pm »
one of my hogs topped 300 so its so hard to imagine the world record also a poland china named Big Bill that tipped the scales at 2552 lbs

anything