Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: table saw vs radial arm saw  (Read 11472 times)

Offline wd

• Field Bee
Re: table saw vs radial arm saw
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 03:43:17 pm »
It's nice to see that some people share similar views on a ras as myself, I grew up with a one.

I've used a circular saw, clamps and a straight edge if needed for just about everything. However, I'd like to get a little more serious. Besides bee equipment, I do have some small house repairs to do. So far, the radial arm saws on craigslist I've inquired about haven't worked out.

Someone on craigslist was selling a ridgid 10" ts with a rail attachment still in the shipping boxes sitting on a pallet for about the same price as a new ryobi from home depot. I did take it home now it's time to see how it runs. I haven't seen the ridgid 10" ts listed online at home depot for awhile. This morning I ran into a recall notice on Ridgid 10-inch table saws, model R4511

Still window shopping

Offline plapczynski

• New Bee
Re: table saw vs radial arm saw
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 10:03:02 pm »
imho:
i have a mid 60's delta rockwell 10" RAS.  $100 on craigslit, it's in great shape, and is a thing of beauty.  a turret head and adjustments in all directions make any compound cut possible (with a quick switch from 45-90-45 degree cuts).  using this is like using a machine tool, not a woodworking tool.  i can be incredibly accurate without spending a ton of time double checking everything and making test cuts (a good ts with a fancy fence would offer the same thing).

Good point.  These are on CL all the time.  I would rather have one of these old saws that 2 of the Ryobis.  Some of the old saws might run on 220 volts, which may or may not be a problem for you.

I have never regretted buying the better tool, bee suit, extractor, ...
My Beekeeping blog....

www.ohiobees.com

anything