Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees in Cleome  (Read 3709 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Bees in Cleome
« on: June 30, 2006, 10:29:23 pm »
They love cleome!

Linda T with lots of cleome in my Atlanta garden

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Bees in Cleome
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 11:44:49 am »
very nice pic!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: Bees in Cleome
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:00:31 pm »
What beautiful pictures so BEAUTIFUL
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bees in Cleome
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:31:46 pm »
Linda, I love cleome and yours are particularly attractive.  Lovely pictures.  The cultivar looks very different than the one that I have grown in my gardens here though.  Do you by chance know/remember the name?

It is interesting how bees love some plants in different parts of the world that are the same and yet in other parts pay no attention.  I haven't grown the cleome for several years, and have not seen any self-seeding anywhere. Don't know why they disappeared.  Anyways, the cultivar that I grew here did not ever hold any significant interest to the bees that I was aware of.

That is why I am asking if you know the name.  I wouldn't mind giving the variety that you are obviously growing a chance here to see if the bees like it or not.  It is just a point of interest.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything