Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Brawley, Ca  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Hippie-Beekeeper

• New Bee
Hello from Brawley, Ca
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »
Hello my handle is Hippie Bee-Keeper I am a new-bee an this is how I got started in bee keeping where I live it is called the throw away zone people come from all over an dump off cats tires old junk even bees a lot of the out of state bee keepers dump old or sick hive out here (why pay for the fuel for there 18 wheeler on sick an unwanted)I have taken in five hives to study bend at it for over five mouths now I think i am doing a good job so far they are eating and are alive all but one of my junk yard hives has a queen. Right now i am rebuilding the hive boxes (why buy if you can rebuild) i will be posting some pictures soon of my junk yard hives i call them junk yard from the UK TV show junk yard wars. =^..^=

all help is welcome thank you and take care.

Happy Hippie  :mrgreen:

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Brawley, Ca
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:03:12 pm »
Welcome and we'll be waiting for the pictures. Larry

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »
Welcome to the site, Hippie bee

Offline Hippie-Beekeeper

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »
Hello all on the first of this mouth will be six mouths i have been keeping bee an boy do i enjoy it My five junk yard hives are doing real good making comb i had to added upper suppers to the hive an move the honey stores an some of the brood to the upper super to make the hive bigger I just spend hours sitting looking at the bee's bringing in pollen I even tried my hand at wax melting got 3 pounds of wax an still have more frames to clean. This for the new bee-keeper keep a log of what you are doing an the shape of your hive's because for the short time i have bend a new bee i have learn a lot. I will upload some pictures of my hive's when i reach my post count. =^..^= 

Hippie-Beekeeper  :mrgreen:   

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:40:24 am »
Welcome to the site!

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 02:06:13 am »
Hi Hippie Bee Keep,
Congrats on joinin info packed BeeMaster. I'm in southern Calif in San Gabriel Valley. Where abouts is Brawley located & what type of weather & plants for bee forage do you have there?

Apis M Rescue
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

Offline Hippie-Beekeeper

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »
Hi Apis M Rescue I live 20 miles north of the US-Mexican border for the weather have you every open the door of your oven when baking a cake or pizza an the rush of hot air hit's your face that's how it is out here 110* in the shade an about 43* in winter for plants this is a farming area beats carrots hay all cut before flowering the only plants i see flowing are the salt cedar trees i do see the bees bringing in pollen to see more of my area (google Brawley, Ca) an you will see where i live out in no man's land. =^..^=

Hippie Beekeeper  :mrgreen:

anything