Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Jumping in with both feet.  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Beeninja

• New Bee
Jumping in with both feet.
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:48:23 am »
Good morning from a newbee,

All I know is what I have read on this and other beek sites and a couple of books but, I learn best by doing so I took the plunge I am done building my KTBH and I ordered a 3# package yesterday along with my equipment. The bees will arrive in April so I have plenty of time to read lots more about beekeeping. wish me luck  :)

Who says men are afraid of commitment?

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Re: Jumping in with both feet.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »
Welcome to the site and good luck.  Reading up is very important and necessary for long term success.  However, no amount of reading will prepare you for when they arrive and you're actually hiving them.  It's exciting and terrifying at the same time.  I remember thinking, "Oh you've done it this time you idiot.  What the heck (PG version) were you thinking, getting into bees?"  That was 6-7 years ago and though there have been bumps everything's worked out fine.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »
Welcome to beekeeping and the forum. :cheer:

Look around for a local beekeeping club as many of them have mentoring programs to help newbees. Ask questions here as there is thousands of years experience on the forum. JP and Shawee have several several U-Tube vidoes also.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:18:05 pm »
If you run out of things to do this winter, you might as weel start building more hive or other beek equipment.  This is very additive, you will probably need them quicker than you think.  ha  Good luck  Beeninja.

Joe

anything