Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Zone 6/7 Fall Pollination  (Read 1959 times)

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
Zone 6/7 Fall Pollination
« on: October 31, 2007, 05:45:17 pm »
Does anyone see any bees working any plants now? Mine are bringing in pale yellow/green and orange pollen and I'm wondering what that's from. I walked along a garden center and the flowers around college and couldn't find any honey bees on anything.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Re: Zone 6/7 Fall Pollination
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:59:33 pm »
Mine are doing the same . I dont know whats around. Some goldenrod is still around, aster a little and lots of mums. The visit my mums, but dont stay long. I have found that they collect pollen all but january and february around here, or stuff that looks like pollen. They will gather bird feed dust and the like too.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:53:35 am »
   Pollen and still making honey.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:14:05 pm »
Saw some bees working blue Pansies and something called Cat's Whisker today. Cat's Whisker being Orthosiphon species though I asked the lady there and I don't think that's what she told me it was.