Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: south georgia spring  (Read 2219 times)

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
south georgia spring
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »
i went to moultrie today and what isn't flooded in south georgia is in full bloom.  the plums came in in middle georgia early this week but i saw azaleas in full bloom as far north as perry today.  looks like red maple may have already done it's thing down south and i think it's still blooming here. it's going to be an interesting year.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: south georgia spring
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:58:52 pm »
Way to early.  I am still betting on snow in March here. 

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »
Way to early.  I am still betting on snow in March here. 

I'm hoping your wrong. I peeked in the entrances of my hives tonight. It's 45F and they are wall to wall. You have a point though "Fate favors the prepared".
Later,
Ray

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:40:46 pm »
allen we're way past die for a big ice/snow storm.  the last big accumulation i remember was in 93 or 94.  when i was a kid it was a regular occurrence in march.  i was telling someone last week that this might be the year.  it's just going to take one of those big cold fronts that have been pounding the yankees to dip down just a little further.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:57:05 am »
Year before last, we got a couple of snows starting on Christmas.  Nothing last year.  And last year we did not have the typical last frost that catches everything blooming.  I would rather have a little know than just cold and mud.   But both are fun to play in.  Snow is just not as messy. 

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:03:54 am »
I'm just in wait mode. We are expecting temps in the low 20's at night and highs in the 50's this weekend.

then rain coming back in next week. the weather is unpredictable. so I'm just in watch mood for the girls. 

they are bringing in dadiloin pollen here. the only thing blooming are tulips and one veriaty of cherry tree and a few tulip trees in the macon area. I'm thinging in about 2 weeks the ____ will hit the fan and I will be running like a chicken with my head cut off.

John

anything