Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The power of the Badge  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
The power of the Badge
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:30:40 pm »
I just love this one,,

A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Montana , and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.'

The old rancher says, 'Okay, but do not go in that field over there' as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me.'  Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the farmer.  'See this badge?  This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish...on any land.  No questions asked or answers given.  Have I made myself clear?  Do you understand?'

The old rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores. A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased close behind by the rancher's prize bull.  With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get "horned" before he reaches safety.  The officer is clearly terrified.  The old rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

'Your badge...Show him your badge!'

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
Re: The power of the Badge
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:57:10 pm »
ROFLMAO
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 03:17:05 pm »
Great one.  :lau:

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 11:47:01 pm »
That one reminded me of the time when I was about 5 years old (this was during the Korean War).  We lived on a farm under the flight approach for the NAS Whidbey Naval Air Station.  We had a jet plane explode in the air directly above our barn.  The Navigator was able to eject and landed in the woods near our barn.  He came out of the woods onto our farm.  There was a visual navigation beacon erected in one of our fields.  The rescue helicopter came swooping in like a pregnant dragon fly with asthma and landed in the field near the navigational beacon.  The Navigator started to climb over the fence to go to the helicopter while some of the crew climbed out of the helicopter.
We were keeping my grandfather's Jersey Bull in that field.  He came trotting up and charged the men.  The crew retreated to the helicopter and the navigator jumped back over the fence like he was doing hurdles at a track meet.  Every time one or more of the crew tried to climb out of the helicopter the bull chased him back in.

It became a mexican standoff, helicopter with rotors slowing to nothing, and bull throwing clods of dirt over his back as he pawed the ground.  Finally my dad came charging into the barn yard in our 1942 Buick Roadmaster.  He chased the bull away so the navy men could collect the downed aviator.

That event is still very clear in my mind like it was yesterday.

The downside:  The plane crashed in a ball of flames on a farm 1/2 mile away with the pilot still in it.

:imsorry:  I got carried away with tales of yore  :camp: :pop:  and ruined the joke.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:27:44 am »
Oh that's a good one...rotflmao

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:49 am »
:imsorry:  I got carried away with tales of yore  :camp: :pop:  and ruined the joke.
Brian - I bet I'm not the only one who enjoys your stories as much as the jokes.  Keep them coming!

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:09:45 am »
Good one Irwin "show em your badge" priceless

Brian it's ok, your like a walking talking history book keep the stories coming

Keith

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 11:16:56 am »
Good one Irwin! Maybe more of us need to keep bulls..!  Brian, keep those stories coming, you have been places, seen& done things I could never imagine in my sheltered little life.  I love hearing stories about what others have experienced!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 12:48:39 pm »
 X:X :devilbanana: :lau: :lau: :pinkelephant: :yippiechick: :piano:

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 02:29:11 pm »
very good  :lau: :lau: :lau: :piano: :devilbanana: :devilbanana:
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

anything