Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NBC news tonight  (Read 20767 times)

Offline beeginner

• House Bee
  • The swarm I hived
Re: NBC news tonight
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 12:59:15 am »
some one said on the radio when all the honey bees are gone all people and ever thing only has 4 years left  Id be kind of woried about it.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 02:37:35 am »
If the bee disappeard off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years left on earth.Quote attributed to Albert Einstien

Here is the problem. There is no real proof he ever said it.
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/einstein/bees.asp

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 08:06:04 am »
Sean, Sean, Sean, please. Granted, the cell phone is one of the cleverest, most profitable gimmicks ever created. But one simply has to consider it's degrading effects upon society:  the increase in public boorishness, the diefication of banality, radical increase in danger on our highways, etc. And now bees perhaps. Why?
Seriously though, my wife and I run extremely successful businesses, have 3 kids (2 in college), run a farm, coach soccer and lead perfectly contented lives - all without a cell phone. We have opted to resist the herd rush to own yet another toy...and instead we have an amazing freedom.

I totally agree with you about the danger of cell's and driving.  Might as well have a beer in your hand too.  I drive semi and see cell phone crazies every day.
We use the Nextel radio cell system for our job and we'd be totally lost without it.  Sure, I could use a payphone but that would kill TONS of time.  I've had countless tire blow outs and breakdowns all across the country driving truck.  Without a cell phone, I would have been at the mercy of local hillbillys.  Flagging down help at 3am on some back road in Montanna could be very dangerous these days.
Plus with internet access on my phone I can access this messageboard while waiting to load my truck.  :-)
I feel very good knowing that my wife can contact me no matter where we are.  But our family rule is, if you're driving and it rings, let it go to voicemail.  You can always call the person back later.

Sean
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 10:54:35 am »
See there. Cell phones and GPS has taken the fun out of travel.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 11:00:33 am »
My cell phone has brought me out of the brink of darkness many a time.  I would not be without this little tool.  Don't use it much, but it is there if I need it.  Best of a wonderful day, great health to all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 11:43:37 am »
Sean,

You're fortunate to still have hillbillies. I can remember when they still populated some of the more remote hollows and mountain ridges in Md and VA but they're all gone. Only yuppie transplants and arabs now (invasive species) with their boutique farms and tax shelter vinyards. Not sure if any genuine hillbillies exist in the wild anymore...I heard a while back something about re-introducing them here again......

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 11:01:46 am »
I keep hearing the word hillbillies.  Can someone actually define them, I have only heard little things throughout my life and it has always held a mystique to my curious mind.

I love the group "the Ozark Mountain Daredevils", that is the closest I can think to anything about this "hillbilly" stuff.  Not meaning the group is hillbilly, but the Ozark seems to have a certain connotation to it.  Best of a beautiful day, great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 11:24:45 am »
Cindi,
You never seen "The Beverlyhill Billies"?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 11:27:44 am »
Jerry, one of my favourite shows when I was a kid.  Don't tell me that is really how life is with these folk?  I'm not too sure that it isn't a rather alluring one to me.  I kind of wish that I could go back in time to the simpler days.  Great life, great day, good health wishes to us all.  Cindi

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 11:43:53 am »
Does this look like I know anything about hillbillies?

Yes it is that flat in all directions.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 01:31:15 pm »
Sorry guys, I've been using the word hillbilly pretty liberally on here.  The "hillbillys" in our area are also known as "white trash" or "trailer trash".  They have 20 dogs in the front yard, garbage everywhere, cars everywhere, husband unemployed and drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon, wife pregnant and smoking palm malls, so many kids that they don't know who half of them are.  And their house is on wheels.  They like to use your property as a short cut to their house and have no consideration of their neighbor's things.

Today's hillbillys are decendants of the romanticised "mountain people".  But with the invention of liquor stores, TV, lawn chairs, and mobile homes, the days of the REAL hillbilly are gone.

Also instead of making moonshine, they've discovered that making methanphetimines is more profitable.  Even better yet, they've discovered that using meth is even more fun!

That's my defination of hillbillys today.  :-)

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 05:49:57 pm »
You wouldn't stereo type would you?

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 11:14:46 pm »
we have names for people like that in California too.....
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 01:14:33 am »
Despite the romanticism, the true American mountain folk were, in most cases, the real deal: honorable, self-reliant and patriotic (the biography of Alvin York -"Sgt York" - is extremely illuminating).

I find that today, the term "white trash" or, more accurately, simply trash, is equally applicable to the gap-toothed cretin in his humble trailer as it is to the cold, un-neighborly creature in his tasteless mini-mansion. At least the former will come over (maybe hide your 12 year old daughter first) and help you work on your tractor.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 05:44:56 am »
You wouldn't stereo type would you?
To a hillbilly, stereo-type means hookin a radio to the computer.

And yes I stereo-type hillbillys cause I'm pretty much one.  What seperates me from them is I have pride in what I have.  Yes I pick the banjo, grow gardens, own guns, and love to prospect for gold on the weekends, but at least I don't cook meth and have piles of trash in front of my double wide.  Instead, it's a manicured lawn with my pink flamingos.

Sean

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:39 am »
Holy smokers!!!  I am almost sorry that I asked what a hillbilly is (LOLL).  I have seen that type of lifestyle around different parts.  It is ugly and a sad thing that people can live in conditions like that.  It is hard to imagine that human can have such little self-worth, but this is what makes the world go round, is an interesting place to live.  If we all were perfect (like me) (and now you gotta laugh out loud), it would be a boring place to inhabit.  All have a wonderful day, great life, love the life your livin' and good health.  Cindi

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 02:11:14 pm »
Don't be sorry Cindi. Now you know. It's just important to always remember that people who chose not to be assets to their communities can just as often nibble brie and sip Chardonay as slurp Pabst Blue ribbon.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 06:50:29 pm »
As long as they pick up their garbage, I really don't care what they eat or drink.  Just yesterday we had to evict a couple meth head trashy rednecks from one of my dad's properties because he was getting ready to sell it.  We gave them 3 months notice to move and they were still there the last day with nothing done!  Ends up we have to tear down the house they were in because they completely destroyed it.  Their front yard was their kennel for 2 pitbulls, the back yard literally had cars stacked on top of other cars.  You couldnt walk inside and it smelled like some really strong chemical, kinda like burning plastic (only could assume they were cooking meth which is a real problem here in the north west), and after being inside the house for only 5 minutes I had flea bites all over my ankles.

Not saying they're not good people.  The people that lived there were very nice and almost always paid rent on time.  But I'm bitter cause now they're gone but we have to figure out what to do with all this garbage.  The people before them left the place spotless.  Now we have to tear the place down.  Grrr.

Sean

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 10:37:44 am »
Sean, bummer, bummer, bummer.  What a lot of work you will have to do, unnecessarily.  Hmmm..Have a great day, wonderful day, great health.  Cindi

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 04:54:07 pm »