Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Management  (Read 1712 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Management
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:23 am »

If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you will love this!

Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business.

He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?" 

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET
OUT and don't come back." Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Management
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 01:26:29 pm »
 :th_thumbsupup: :th_thumbsupup:
I have seen this one before but I am still laughing at it.
Thanks Gary.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:59:42 pm »
True Story.....

As the maintenance man, mechanic, and fix-it-all in a factory with over 200 machines running, I was sitting at my desk one morning drinking a cup of coffee. The company president came through my shop. 15 minutes later he came back through. The third time through he stopped and asked, "Is that all you have to do"?

I replied, "Yes, aren't you glad"?
He looked out across all the machines running smoothly, turned back and said, "Yes, I guess I am".
He never again mentioned me doing nothing...
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:00 pm »
Me too Jim, but I couldn't remember where.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 11:26:13 pm »
 :th_thumbsupup:
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts