Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: VARROA CONTROL  (Read 9830 times)

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
VARROA CONTROL
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 03:38:02 pm »
errrmmm, looks like i'll be the one to go "offtopic" in a way :P
most of beekeepers here y+use another way in controling varoe. almost everybody beekeep in AŽ 10 frame hives. from 10 frames-combs in the hive we take one out..beeh i've complicated. instead of putting 10 full foundations we put 9,5 if you understand. bees tend to build drone cells in unfounded areas. when drones are capped and you can see that they're big, you cut out all the drone cells with which you remove quite a lot of varoa (varoa likes drone cells). this may be done again and again. some say it's very efficient, some say it might cause varoa to concentrate on worker cells.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
VARROA CONTROL
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 09:19:09 pm »
>>By the way, salt is chemical, ....Honey is chemical too. At the end, everything is chemical.

Let us all agree that there is a BIG difference on the effect and affect of natural occuring chemicals verses artificially manufactured ones.  Artificial chemicals (man made) are the ones that create such havoc on this planet of ours.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
VARROA CONTROL
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 04:11:39 am »
<Artificial chemicals (man made)>
I understand your idea, and I am agree in the basic. But things are not so clear. Pyretroids are natural, thymol is in the middle of the way...There are not a word to design the "poison chemical" versus "ecologic chemical"

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
VARROA CONTROL
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 09:16:00 am »
Quote from: abejaruco
By the way, salt is chemical, ....Honey is chemical too. At the end, everything is chemical.

Oh now! Life is physics and chemistry. Not mere chemistry. But you can make beekeeping really difficult with your spiritual imagination.  :shock: