Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Maryland  (Read 2279 times)

Offline gotasplinter

• New Bee
Hello from Maryland
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:11:39 pm »
Iv got a friend that has a couple bee hives and im facinated by them.  But really dont kno if I can have them where I live.  Im in the town of North East Maryland.  If anyone has any info on town laws just give me a holler, Or if your in the area. But anyway Im new to the hoby and am just really doing research and what not.  bees are really kool
Your rit I cant spell

Would love to see some PICS

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from Maryland
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:41:30 am »
Hi and welcome.  If you contact your state department of agriculture, they can let you know if you can legally keep bees where you are (there are VERY FEW places where it is not legal in the USA).

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:33:44 am »
Welcome and good luck. Your ag agent or area beekeepers association should be able to give you any info you need to check out local ordinances.
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline EasternShore

• House Bee
  • Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!
    • OMG Apiary
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:53:39 am »
Welcome!!!!

Mark here, up in Chestertown Md. PM me and I'll sent my number. Very new to the wonderful world of Bee's but I have many contacts already with some very good Beekeepers. Had my 2 hives inspected and passed with no issues.
I know you'll love this site as everyone is helpful and polite.

Talk soon!!!
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 11:17:36 am »
Gotasplinter.  Welcome to our forum, and by the way, what an interesting name you have, hee, hee.  You have only began your interest with the bees, the more that you learn the more that you will become so fascinated that you will be compelled to learn more.  Stick around, tell us your tales and experiences, let us know how things go AND have that most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline gotasplinter

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 07:27:37 pm »
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies,  Its amazing what a load of information wealth there is just on this forum.  wish I knew more people around my area,  Would love to visit some hives and get alittle used to them.  but in good time.  Iv got until next spring to decide anything for my own hive and to figure out what to do about my wife being alergic,  that doesnt make a good combo.  but will talk later  Lee
Your rit I cant spell

Would love to see some PICS