Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nucs in NW Wisconsin wanted  (Read 3112 times)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Nucs in NW Wisconsin wanted
« on: March 17, 2010, 02:05:09 pm »
I decided to buy some nucs this year.  Apparently everyone and their dog wants to keep bees now and all nucs are spoken for already from my usual source and colony prices went up to high for me to want them.

If you have or know someone who has or will have nucs for sale this spring in my area please let me know.  Anything but Russians.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline podius

• New Bee
Re: Nucs in NW Wisconsin wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:19:47 pm »
What's your area?
John VT
Spooner, WI(Northwest WI-up in the nose)
equipment---All medium 10 frame boxes, top entrance's, no foundation frames and mann lake pf 120's (7 hives)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:41:05 pm »
What's your area?

I live in Chippewa County and am iin Swaywer County a lot.

I was not going to buy any packages or nucs but now that winter is over I have the itch.  I can get plenty of packages but I  like nucs.  I found a great deal on nucs about 200 miles west of Eau Claire but for 6 nucs I miight as well just get packages local I guess. 

If you will have some soon, spooner is on my way home when I head out on thursdays.  PM me you number if you do.

thanks
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 03:57:20 pm »
I am going to order packages.  I spoke to a guy who does not transport his bees and apparently he got CCD anyway.  He recommended not to get nucs because whatever it is, if its in the comb, honey, pollen, wax or whatever, you may get more than you bargained for.  No, he did not have bees for sale so there was no benefit is this advise for him and it makes sense to me anyway.

If you have some nucs, let me know, I may still get some, but Im going to go ahead and order some packages from my usual source.

Thanks

bee-nuts.

Thomas Jefferson

anything