Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Any interest in an old reversible extractor???  (Read 3966 times)

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
Any interest in an old reversible extractor???
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:17:52 pm »
I have an old reversible extractor.  It will take 4 deeps and is run by an electric motor.  It is galvanized, so it will have to be coated.  I also have a bottling tank???  Appears to be about 20 gal.  It is also galvanized.  I have no real idea of value.  I would be willing to trade for some woodenware even.  I can email pics etc.  Let me know.
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Any interest in an old reversible extractor???
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 04:51:54 pm »
Too bad you're not closer to me, I love that old stuff and have plenty of boxes etc. I'd love to see a pic though!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:29 am »
It has been awhile since I posted any pics.  I hope this works. 

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2909/dscf5461z.jpg
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:14:38 am »
That looks in great shape, don't underestimate the value, especially if you have the motor mount.   You would be surprised how many people still use galvanized extractors.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 08:37:36 am »
Thanks for the input, Robo.  Any opinion on price?  I just don't need this one.  It is taking up room  :)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:50:15 am »
No idea,  just didn't want you to think it was worthless and give it away.   Check out eBay to see what used extractors are going for.  You will be surprised.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:04 am »
Ok... thanks again.  I popped it onto Craigslist around here.  I put $250 in the "price line".  I have some other old stuff included in the listing, so I guess I will just see if I get any calls.  If I do we can do a little bartering.   ;)

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 10:46:49 am »
Extractor is gone.  Sorry if you had interest. 

anything