Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Please Report all issues with the new forums here  (Read 39155 times)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Please Report all issues with the new forums here
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 08:58:37 am »
It's not just Cindi that's noticing a lag now.  I'm seeing a significant lag in trying to open threads, yesterday I had to close Beemaster completely when I was trying to post something, it just stopped responding when I hit the Post button and wouldn't budge from that screen.  All other websites worked fine, it wasn't my connection.  Sumptins up!  :?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 12:19:47 am »
Holy carumba!!!  Doesn't it make ya kind of wanna kick the old laptop to get it movin' in.  C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 07:47:14 am »
Eeks, I must be a complainer, I see the last post here was by me too. 

I have another odd issue.  When I am typing a reply to a post, the typing window changes from a fairly narrow one to a wider one.  When I go to post it, I get a message that says "time out gateway" or something like that, then when I go to send it, it says to use the keyboard command (it just happened again while I was typing this, about 20 seconds into typing a post) alt + s to send and a couple of other keyboard combinations (not too sure what it is, it is only visible for about 2 seconds)  My end?  I know that I have obviously had problems before.  Any other members brought this to your attention or just me?  Best of the day, good health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 06:05:24 pm »
Cindi,

I just checked the error log back thru March 28th (last time it was purged) and see nothing for your ID.  I know it is not much help,  but more indication that it is on your end.  Sorry.....
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 01:07:57 am »
Maybe it's just me to notice this but Cindi has the lag and the gateway timeout issues. I think it is something with either her isp or her computer.

Sincerley,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 09:59:08 am »
Robo, Brendhan, thanks.  It is certainly my problem I bet, I am going to correspond to Dell and see what I can do with them.  I have been very busy outside cause we have had nice weather and have to wait for a day when I can justify staying inside and doing "inside" stuff.  For now I won't post pictures, and still can post, it just has some annoying things happening when I post.  All have a wonderful, great day, good health.  Cindi

Offline Ericnwicklow

• New Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 04:24:37 pm »
Hi There

Have been having trouble logging in ,keeps saying password is incorrect i assume .Before i was logging in and always was sent to log in again as my password was wrong i,m sure my password was ok.
have just put in new password and got back onto the site,just to let you know .

Regards Eric.

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 04:37:22 pm »
Hey, are we supposed to be signing in everytime now? I have been gone for a while with work and all, but noticed that I have to sign in each time... Just curious.
Frantz
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 09:56:45 pm »
Franz:

I think you need to rechange your bookmark address to http://forum.beemaster.com - it sounds like you have an address to our old link to the old sever, we moved about a month ago now and NO you should not have to log-in EACH time, once only with the address above. Let me know if that works, it sure should, everyone who has changed from the old to the new one, we posted several messages about it when the change was completed. Hope this fixes it. Remember to delete the old address so you don't click on it by mistake and un-log-in (sic).
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Bcrazy

• New Bee
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 05:03:12 pm »
Hi John,
I m new to your Forum and noticed there is no where that covers microscopy, or have I missed it?
Microscopy can cover all issues regarding pollen, diseases, anatomy etc.
I am keen on microscopy and have a selection of microscopy slides which show pollen, anatomy etc.
I did think of placing the images in the photographic section but that is so varied anything to do with microscopy would be swallowed up in hives families etc.
I am impressed with the input fom members and hope to become a valid member myself.
May I ask for your thoughts on a microscopy thread please.
Thank you for your time
Best regards,
Mo (Bcrazy)
Bcrazy

Offline Bcrazy

• New Bee
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:34 am »
Do I get a reply from my previous post?
Becrazy.
Bcrazy

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 01:06:22 pm »
Bcrazy,

John is in the middle of buying a house and moving, so he may not have seen your post.  Try sending him a personal message
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Bcrazy

• New Bee
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 04:00:25 pm »
Hi Robo
My apologies for harassing. I leave it till John finally catches up.
Bcrazy
Bcrazy

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 06:34:23 am »
What about putting them in the diseases section?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 05:47:14 pm »
Hi Mo:

I can't appologise enough for the time it took to make this sub-forum for the Photo Section, I moved into our new home 2 weeks ago, had PDMattox visiting, and had my laptop setup in a small room (going to be the computer/day-bed room) and I've been waiting on Central AC being installed: I've hardly been on due to the work of moving and the stuffy hot room the laptop is in.

I'm writing from work (this is my first night back since almost 3 weeks ago - and the good news is the AC unit is being CHARGED as I type this. When I get home tonight, we should have a cool and evenly chilled home, finally :)

So.... I made a sub-forum under photography, although this topic is a good one which could be under a more advanced topic such as General or if we add a Apiology Advanced Forum for those wanting a scientific studies forum.

So, it might move around someday, but it sounds very interesting, hope it works out good for you and others, and thanks for sharing the idea with us.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 12:07:59 am »
Can you please help me. I went to log in tonight and could not get onto the forum at all. It went back to the Guest login in page and whenever I put my password in, it would say to answer the secret question and I did answer thequestion and it accepted it, but when I tried to log in it kept saying to check my cookies. So I went and deleted all the cookies on my computer and tried to log back in. I kept going around in circles, entering new passwords, receiving new e mails sending me right back to the same place and receiving that same message again that I need to check the cookies.

After putting in numerous passwords I just gave up, but when I clicked on my icon this time I was on the forum. Only thing, I do not know how long I will be here and I do not know what my password is.

Can you e mail me at the my email address so I do not feel so alone when this happens?? I need to know exactly what my password is right now as I changed it so many times trying to log in,  and how long I am logged in for??

If you do not see me anymore on the forum you will know that I could not figure out how to log back in

Annette

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 09:00:46 am »
Annette,

I can't give you your current password because they are stored in an encrytped format in the database, so even the admin can not see your password.  What I did though, was change it to known password and emailed that to you.   I can not help with the cookie problem though,  that is an issue with your browser.  Have you tried another browser? (Firefox, Opera)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 04:01:35 pm »
Annette,

I can't give you your current password because they are stored in an encrytped format in the database, so even the admin can not see your password.  What I did though, was change it to known password and emailed that to you.   I can not help with the cookie problem though,  that is an issue with your browser.  Have you tried another browser? (Firefox, Opera)

OK I just logged on using the new password you sent to me and it worked. I will just have to see what happens. But I did go into my profile and try to change that password to one of my own and it would not recognize the password you sent to me, although I just logged on with that very same password.

Any suggestions?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 06:44:01 pm »
Annette,

I just logged into your account with the password I gave you,  change the password to a different password, logged out, logged back in with the different password, changed it back to the password I gave you, logged out, logged back in with the password I gave you again.  It seems to be working fine.

Just make sure you are typing your new password into the Choose Password & Verify Password fields.  These must be identical and are case sensitive.  The type in the password I gave you in the Current Password field at the bottom.

rob..

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 01:18:19 am »
I did just that and just now did it again. The password I am using to log onto the forum is not being accepted when I type it into the current password box. Crazy!!

Right now I am just going to keep the password you gave me, because I do not know what to do.