Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The ignorance of an individual- UPDATED !  (Read 8395 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: The ignorance of an individual- UPDATED !
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 10:08:29 am »
Beehopper, yep this thread has cause quite a stir, and so it should.  I don't understand the human being at times either.  Some people are just plain and simply rude, rude rude.....how dare he complain to you, expecting you to discount your honey.  I have a rather vindictive side at times, and honestly, this creep being such a creep, I would never have sold him any of my honey.  I take my hat off to you to be able to put your annoyance aside and sell him that bottle.  It sounds like your price is very cheap anyways, compared to what others are selling it for, I think you should raise it up a little.  It is hard work working with the bees, and you deserve a good return on your inexpensive labour with the girls.  Have a wonderful day, best of this beautiful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 11:43:01 am »
I had a similar experience at my work. I placed a sample bottle w/ my busineess card and flyer in the office eating area. It was stolen! The head secretary said not everyone had a chance to taste it and were curious, could I put out another bottle. This time I wrote sample in large letters on the lid-this delayed the theft two days. Later that week, the person I believe stole it came in w/ a 5lb jar of bulk honey she bought at whole foods for 14.99 manager's special, and loudly stated my prices were "gouging" and compared me to Exxon of all companies!!! And I was doing it to fellow colleagues etcetcetc. I chose to say nothing at that time. Few days went by, and i was on elevator w/ this person. I quietly told her thanx for bringing in the honey, since tasting "bulk" honey her colleagues found my honey to be more flavorful and superior to hers and she actually boosted my sales appreciably in the office. She actually had the gaul to say your welcome! I finished w/, but you already knew my honey tasted better, as she had two bottles at home. She denied this. I then told her that when her 6 and 11 year old were in the offcie last week , they were in my office and said they had the same honey bottles at home, only one said sample.

AHHHH people, gotta lov'em!!!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 03:42:30 pm »
I had a similar experience at my work. I placed a sample bottle w/ my busineess card and flyer in the office eating area. It was stolen! The head secretary said not everyone had a chance to taste it and were curious, could I put out another bottle. This time I wrote sample in large letters on the lid-this delayed the theft two days. Later that week, the person I believe stole it came in w/ a 5lb jar of bulk honey she bought at whole foods for 14.99 manager's special, and loudly stated my prices were "gouging" and compared me to Exxon of all companies!!! And I was doing it to fellow colleagues etcetcetc. I chose to say nothing at that time. Few days went by, and i was on elevator w/ this person. I quietly told her thanx for bringing in the honey, since tasting "bulk" honey her colleagues found my honey to be more flavorful and superior to hers and she actually boosted my sales appreciably in the office. She actually had the gaul to say your welcome! I finished w/, but you already knew my honey tasted better, as she had two bottles at home. She denied this. I then told her that when her 6 and 11 year old were in the offcie last week , they were in my office and said they had the same honey bottles at home, only one said sample.

I would have gone off on her.

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 05:03:47 pm »

There are some liquid soaps that have the same color and consistency of honey. Do you know what I'm saying  :evil:

Nice to see things worked out for you too  :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 12:43:53 am »
Konasdad.  Doesn't that make ya just sick?  The audacity of some people for sure.  That is why I am reclusive, cannot stand most of the behaviour of humans'.  I like to be around people that are nice, get along, don't take each other for granted, and I have to say with pride, I live in this little world of mine.  Harmony, good vibes.  Have a wonderful day, good luck with the honey gougers!!!!  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 05:09:11 pm »
Hey guys!
I havent had problems getting rid of honey...yet...I give my friend, paul and his wife kanna a jar when I get some..But Paul helps me with my bees and I'm lucky for that. Then I give my mom some and she'll have it eaten in 3 days! 4 Lbs!!...in 3 days!!
 Mostly tho, I just like to look at it in the jars! Ive only harvested 4 frames this year(my first year with bees) and got 35 lbs,and, really, I didnt expect to get any!...And I think theres already more to be gotten now.
There are some people wanting my honey tho but its the same as with my Stink bait. They think its free because they know me. I would like to give it away but thats just the way I am. Im never gonna get rich.(At least in my pockets!)
Ok,...thats all..
your friend,
john

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 06:29:18 pm »
Hey guys!
I havent had problems getting rid of honey...yet...I give my friend, paul and his wife kanna a jar when I get some..But Paul helps me with my bees and I'm lucky for that. Then I give my mom some and she'll have it eaten in 3 days! 4 Lbs!!...in 3 days!!
 Mostly tho, I just like to look at it in the jars! Ive only harvested 4 frames this year(my first year with bees) and got 35 lbs,and, really, I didnt expect to get any!...And I think theres already more to be gotten now.
There are some people wanting my honey tho but its the same as with my Stink bait. They think its free because they know me. I would like to give it away but thats just the way I am. Im never gonna get rich.(At least in my pockets!)
Ok,...thats all..
your friend,
john

Nothing wrong with giving it away, it is a very nice gift. I harvested 140 lbs. of honey, some I gave away as gifts, most of it I am selling to help offset the cost ( 9 hives ).  :-D

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 06:46:21 pm »
These are some of the best stories EVER! Thanks for sharing everyone.

I've given some free to my boss, to her boss and the president of the company because they're in CA (I'm in Utah), and being new to the group, I wanted to kiss a little butt and grease the wheels. Haha!

Other than that, we've only given to immediate family and those friends that have had some challenges in their lives this year as a present stating that we care about them and hope the days get brighter from here.

We'll give some more away at Christmas, and keep the majority for food storage and eating. Next year will be the big sales year as with the intention of getting more hives, I'm going to need some money to offset the costs.

I've harvested about 120 lbs from my first-year hive.

Regards,

UtahBees

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 12:41:58 pm »
Yeah, the honey harvest!!!!  I can think of nothing more beautiful and wonderful to give away as a gift, than the beautiful golden product that the bees have created, from the nectaries of the flowers and vegetables that we have the honour of growing on our planet.  When I think of honey, the fragrance, the taste, it brings such a overwhelming feeling of comfort, euphoria, I cannot decribe it in words.  All the hard work that the girls do to bring this beautiful substance into their hive, to create this golden food, makes my heart feel so good.  Oh brother, as we say, "thinking out loud", think I got off track, but then, you know me  ;) :)  Have a wonderful day, love our beautiful life we are given to live.  Cindi

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 04:16:56 pm »
Dumb me...I had mentioned I harvested 30# from four frames earlier. Well, last nite I got 28 lbs from 10 frames...hmmmmm......Then my accomplice told me he had weighed the honey IN the jars the first time! Boy do i feel dumb!(well, not THAT dumb)...Ive even told people around here that I got 30 plus lbs on my first harvest!...And nobody questioned it!
 Or....could it be possible? 30 lbs in four frames?...(Twilight zone sound now....)
 Yalls friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 04:32:50 pm »
I was perplexed by this amount, but I recently got 5 lbs from one huge over sized medium honey frame. I figured you must be using full size frames for the honey frames to get this amount.

We are paying attention
Annette

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 05:04:29 pm »
I got 11 pounds from a deep frame. That was weighing the frame before and after. The comb was built out a bit on one side
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 10:55:08 pm »
Nahhh, I was/am using 6 inch honey supers. Hey Jerry, I looked at your pics and noticed Childress. That place is just northwest of where i live!
ok, i gotta go now...Im getting my back teeth pulled tomorrow.I hope i live to see you guys again!
your friend,
john

Offline Old Timer

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 07:59:31 pm »
>When he asks for your honey and is pee'd about paying full price, tell him to go to Price Chopper.  They have a nice honey/corn syrup blend for 1.50 per 12 oz.  Then politely let him know you dont have any to sell to him.

no, go buy the 12. oz for $1.50, tear the label off, tell him it's your personal honey that you were planning on keeping for yourself because it's so good. tell him it's in a smaller container because it so much better than you were selling to your other co-workers. then let him have it for the $4.50. do this as often as he will buy it. with a 200% profit margin you can't go wrong. chances are he wouldn't know the difference any way. :)

Offline Old Timer

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 08:01:50 pm »
and make sure to tell him to keep it a secret and not to tell any one at work, he'll really feel like he's getting a deal and probably buy alot.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:46 am »
Old Timer, a great plan!!!  I think he should go ahead and buy the crap from Price Chopper, he'll fool that fool.  Have a wonderful day, greatest of this life.  Cindi

Offline Old Timer

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 09:51:32 pm »
 :-D

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 12:25:11 am »
    I like that idea Old Timer. 

I give mine away to neighbors, folks that let me keep them on their land, family and close friends.  Family and neighbors and land owners are first then everyone else.

Had one complaint that I should have had the bees make more last year so they could have some.  After I realized they were serious I told this couple that I was just the middle man and if they liked they could take it up with the source themselves.  They declined and I haven't heard another word about it from them.  I even offerred to take them in person as they were and introduce them if they waited long enough for ME to get into MY 'negotiations suit'. ;)
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)