Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: News video on a honey bee truck wreck in Canada  (Read 6898 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: News video on a honey bee truck wreck in Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:52:28 am »
what a M E S S, Looked like they could have used a little more help. That is so sad to see.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:59:10 am »
 :'( Will not open for me I'm useing IE  :?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:30:00 am »
I think we should form regional bee emergency response teams.  That was certainly a sad sight to see.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 12:33:51 pm »
I think we should form regional bee emergency response teams.  That was certainly a sad sight to see.

A lot of state and local beekeeping associations have emergency response teams.  

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 06:29:51 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 10:21:07 pm »
Jim I used the add on at the top of the screen and it worked for me using IE.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:46:49 pm »
OMG, this is just terrible.  That horrible thing happened just about a mile from my oldest Daughter's house in Grindrod (about 400 km northeast of our home).  I am so surprised that she didn't tell me of this, we speak every morning through the internet.  Where this wreck happened is a rural country highway, not many people around, just farms.  I just e-mailed her to know if she knows anything of this. We are travelling up to their house the day after tomorrow.  I wish I could have been there to help out the poor souls, what a travesty, the news said that they thought they could recover about 25% of the bees, sighing that big sigh.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 09:33:03 am »
What a shame.  At the beginning of the clip it seemed to show the trailer hitched to a dually.  If 900 hives weighed 100 pounds each that would be 45 tons of bee hives.  Even if they were light that's too much of a load for a pickup truck.  It's fortunate that no people got killed.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:30 pm »
What a shame.  At the beginning of the clip it seemed to show the trailer hitched to a dually.  If 900 hives weighed 100 pounds each that would be 45 tons of bee hives.  Even if they were light that's too much of a load for a pickup truck.  It's fortunate that no people got killed.

thats probably a volunteer just helping to loads what they can to help get them out of the way,

well the thing that gets me is here in the states semi trucks can only fit about 480-520 hives to a trailer on average. how big are the tractor trailers up there?
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 06:29:40 pm »

thats probably a volunteer just helping to loads what they can to help get them out of the way,

Yeah, that must be it.  They surely didn't have 900 hives on that.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

anything