Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PLEASE CHANGE YOUR FORUM BOOKMARK ADDRESS  (Read 7690 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
PLEASE CHANGE YOUR FORUM BOOKMARK ADDRESS
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:54:53 pm »
Hi Everyone:

I've noticed that the original forum address (which redirects you to the actual new forum address) isn't working 100% of the time. If you are experiencing any troubles connecting, please bookmark the address below and use it to access the Beekeeping Forums:

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: PLEASE CHANGE YOUR FORUM BOOKMARK ADDRESS
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 10:23:42 pm »
i had trouble with that one earlier.  could not get to forums through link on main page.  i accessed the forums from an email alert and then re-saved my bookmark.  that did the trick.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:52:07 pm »
I changed the link to the forum at Beemaster.com main page and on the Beekeeping Course page too - hopefully that will help get everyone on the same address. Hopefully, we'll have the redirect working again soon too :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:28:10 am »
my bookmark worked this morning. yesterday it was messed up.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:06:22 am »
my bookmark worked this morning. yesterday it was messed up.
Mine too, all I got was a blank page.

Thanx, John, for clearing this up!

Editedto add:  However, what happened to my post I made yesterday about the missing info and posts being marked read?  :?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 08:50:53 am »
Editedto add:  However, what happened to my post I made yesterday about the missing info and posts being marked read?  :?

There were database issues yesterday.  Luckily we had a recent backup, and only a few post where lost over about an hour or so of time.

However, I would recommend everyone change their bookmarks to the real address of the forums and not the old forum address that gets redirected to the new one.   The old forum was turned off yesterday as it has been more than 8 months since we have been on the new board.  The redirect was turned off as part of this process.   I have since turned just the redirect back on, but it is more sufficient if you link directly to the new forum.

You should set your bookmark to http://forum.beemaster.com
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 07:43:26 pm »
I have both this page amd the main one bookmarked.
I click on which ever one I want and don't have any problem.
I do have overall problems because I am on dial-up and live plum nearly,
( plum out of the county, nearly out of the state). :? :roll:
doak

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:23:52 pm »
I do have overall problems because I am on dial-up and live plum nearly,
( plum out of the county, nearly out of the state). :? :roll:

I can totally relate to that.  No DSL or Cable out where I am either.  A really good day here is when I can connect at 26.4K  :shock:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:27:42 pm »
when we were on dial-up we were lucky to connect at all.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 08:10:27 am »
Since you've shut down the old server (two days ago?) I've noticed a drop off in posting - does the redirect still work from the old link?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 08:14:10 am »

The redirects were accidentally removed with the old forum code, it was not intentional and they have been fully restored.. Any link to a topic or post in the old forum will redirect you to it in the current forum. The only code that has been removed is code that was no longer in use (redirects prevented access).  Posting has been disabled from the old forum links since last November.

Offline atthelake22

• New Bee
  • Pausing to give thanks
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 01:10:13 pm »
This may sound like a DUH  :? but ummm I don't understand.. :-\.is this a new link to the site? or does that mean update my information? I'm sorry I don't understand but i'm kinda limited on knowledge of all the new way to use internet and stuff...i am old school tehee...please advise and I'll take care of what needs to be done on my computer, thanks so much.
atthelake22
"...so shines a good deed in a weary world" dahl

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 02:11:40 pm »
When we switched to the new forums last November,  the URL changed.  To make it easier for people (and search engines) to find,  we installed a redirect that if you went to the old URL, it would automatically take you to the new forum.

Basically you should be using the URL http://forum.beemaster.com to get to the forum.  If you have a bookmark saved, the easiest is just to delete it and create a new one.

Nothing needs to be updated in your profile information.

anything