Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: sugar water or candy  (Read 1575 times)

Offline bee man

• New Bee
sugar water or candy
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:28:30 pm »
it is going to be in the 40s and 50s here all the way to xmas.should i use sugar water or candy if candy how do you make it.   thanks

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: sugar water or candy
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:58:19 pm »
In the 50's they'll take syrup and if they'll take it syrup is best to top off stores.  In the 40's they won't take anything, but will eat candy if they are starving.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: sugar water or candy
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:24:57 am »
I plan on posting some pictures tomorrow of what is happening around here. I mentioned in another topic the bees around here were raiding the trash for soda pop. I poured some sugar water close to the bag where they found the cans of soda. Today it was ofcourse dried up into a pool of solid sugar. The bees were lined up on the outer edge of it like cattle at a feeding troth in a feed lot.

Now a few days ago I put suger water in an inverted jar close to the hive area. The bees aren't even looking at it. I guess they want the dried up stuff. (soft drinks and sugar both dry)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything