Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Inspector Funding  (Read 1059 times)

Offline winginit

• House Bee
Bee Inspector Funding
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:36:51 pm »
What are the top three reasons a county should continue to fund it's bee inspector (note--I am not referring to my county).

(Sorry for all the posts but I've been away for awhile and saved up!)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Bee Inspector Funding
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »
We have state funded inspectors. Never heard of a county bee inspector.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:52:50 pm »
to be honest, i can't think of any good reason for a state bee inspector.  maybe if it had some commercial implications or you were having a commercial operation inspected...but that's why we have the FDA right?

there's no state corn inspector because i grow corn in my back yard.  no state chicken inspector because i keep a few hens.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »
No state that I know of will allow the import of bees into it without a health certificate. There may be a few, but i don't know of any. The state bee inspector is the one that issues them. Here, the inspector is only a convenience for the hobbyist if he isn't moving them interstate. He only comes when requested, makes no demands, only suggestions, and educates. There is no charge.

For commercials, he inspects and issues certificates.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*