Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Stlnifr

• House Bee
My Intro
« on: September 25, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »
Hi my name is George and I am a retired Fire Chief 30 year’s service I also am a finish carpenter and can build anything out of head or from a blue print. I am not new to bee keeping about 15 years ago I had about 20 hives and had them for about as many years. I had to give up bees at the time and gave them to a friend, he died of cancer and I was unable to get them back. Now I think I am going to return to bee keeping but on a different scale. I had standard hives with the usual supers and all equipment. At the present I have nothing. I have been reading this forum religiously and decided to become a member, hopefully an active member. Ok I am going with the Top Bar Hive and will build all my own hives. I think I can pretty well design my own from everything I have read it will have the entrance at one end with landing board with modified entrance from standard hive “a bar that flips from one size opening to a larger size opening” it will be able to take a feeder at the entrance. It will have a glass panel for an observation as I have seen on some. It will have a top bar of about 17 or 18 inches. No more than 9 inches deep and about 38 or 40 inches long. With shallow off set angles and I think maybe a hinged top. Still working on the design.

George
Jesus Christ--The reason for the season!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.

Offline splitrock

• House Bee
Re: My Intro
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:39:26 am »
Welcome!!!.......... And thanks for your service.

Sounds like you have this retirement thing handled.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Joel

anything