Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 5 cooking  (Read 4768 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Bud 5 cooking
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:50:16 pm »
Ok the Saturday night jambalaya for bud 5 so far contains the following meats.
Pork from jp's hog hunting.
Gator from shawee's gator hunting.
Rabbit from my back yard rabbits.
Smoked sausage. ( deer if I can get it )

Am thinking about adding some crab and shrimp.  What do y'all think?  Overkill?  Or bring on the eats?
Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bud 5 cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:52:19 am »
i will eat what you put in front of me  :-D  you guys need to work out the cost too.  i want to contribute since you boys are doing so much work!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:29 am »
I have  deer smoke sausage.it would be a overkill with the crab and shrimp.trust me it don't go well with game meat.   schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:14:08 am »
dont waste the shrimp and crab on the stew  you said wondering about side dish, just go out and catch some mud bugs since you got plenty time and make a big old fedachinny to be yo side dish. and with the no folks been calling throw another galon or 2 of water in the soup sounds like a good bunch coming
to bee or not to bee

Moots

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 09:09:21 am »
Bailey,
I think Schawee is spot on about the crab and shirmp being overkill...too much of a good thing is not always good!

Also, I'll bring a side dish to go with your Jambalaya, probably green beans....

It's getting close.  :) I can't wait!  :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:15:10 am »
We got breakfast covered for one day....probably Sun.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:05:27 am »
I am like Kathy, I can't really do anything w/ food but I want to contribute some money toward the cost.  Will we be needing plates,cups, napkins, and utensils?  If so I could bring a bulk of that.   
Opinions?

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 01:26:21 pm »
sounds like y'all have most of the food covered. Like James and Kathy have stated, if there is something we can do or bring to make it easier : Please let me/us know. More than happy to pitch in.
Marshall

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:37 pm »
don't be bashful if you think o something, if no one else will eat it just remember jp done been on a bad belly diet and that boy gona be hungry for something besides oatmeal and we furnishing the excuse. also plum sick of my own cooking
to bee or not to bee

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 06:29:50 pm »
Bud I like your idea of seafood pasta  so it's on the menu!!!will go for crab and shrimp for sure. Might find some mud bugs for flavor as well. Just need some garlic bread to go with and it's all set! 
Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Wits End

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 07:05:02 pm »
Boys I come home after work and have a "shot" just to unwind, then I read your post and everyone in the house wants to know why I'm laughing so loud. Sorry JP I don't mean to laugh at your expense but Buds comment cracked me up. I am only a few counties over from him and I promise one day I going to get over there with you guys. My son in law and grandson would love it too. I hope you all have a great time at Bud 5 and you keep them straight Kathyp!
Jeff and Kellie Houston
Wits End Blueberry and Bee Farm
Greenwood Mississippi

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »
baily got my starter working as I type and sho gona have some garlic and butter handy; gona make first coupla double batches up tonight.
wits end I guess that is why our little group are such good friends; we always kidding each other and getting kidded back.    shucks youall just load up and pop on over. shouldn't be any prob as dallas,larry and scott gona come from florida and ken fron pennsylvina and Kathy from boring, Oregon you auta be able to cross a coupla counties  take care
to bee or not to bee

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 08:13:31 pm »
bailey.i forgot to add alligator with  the crab and shrimp.i have deer smoke sausage,jusl let me know so I can bring it .im cooking deer sauce piquante ,with a salad or slaw and garlic bread for soppin up the gravy :-D          schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »
bag nabit. You all are making me hungery as all getout. I want to come but can't get off the chief says we have big boys coming from DC to check out our homeland security equipment. I got to make sure everything starts on the first try. dang buracrats.

John

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:23 pm »
Shawee.
You sure about the gator part? I made it once with sausage and gator and it was great.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:30 pm »
sorry bailey gator will be good ,missed typed.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »
I'm good on sausage Shawee but thanks.
Bailey.

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 09:21:04 pm »
Guys, you are just making my mouth water when I read this!!  Wish I could come over and bring you some good kangaroo meat for the pot!  Have a great time!

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »
Alright--- you've got my attention...How does Kangaroo taste. LOL How do you typically cook it? :)  I've tried a lot of things being from Louisiana, but never Kangaroo
Marshall

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »
like chicken :-D
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

anything