Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: TIME TO START PLANNING 2010 INTERNATIONAL BEEMASTER GATHERING IS NOW  (Read 13356 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hello All Members:

I have been watching Airfare rates and over the last 3 months they have gone down (at least for my one stop over flight from Phialdelphia, to Atlanta to Macon, Miss. - it has nearly DROPPED over 25% since I checked it late November, so it may be a good time to start surfing prices if air travel is required for your trip to "BUD2" Beemaster's International Beekeeping Gathering in Macon, MS.

The date has not changed from when first announced, it is the weekend of APRIL 24th, 2010 and flights will be into Meridian, MS roughly 1 hour from our host Bud1's location.

Bud has access to a massive hunting lodge ( featured in my youtube videos @ www.youtube.com/njbeemaster where you will see how beautiful of lodging we have available to us. Literally, I think 50 members can easily have room for this event. Here are the videos from our last trip - also check links from Understudy for his great collection of videos too:

I'm writing now because we are expecting many men and women this year to the gathering, whole families will be attending and there will be amazing hands-on projects, grafting of larva lessons, cut-outs, live streaming and HD video recordings. If you are able to attend, and wish more information, stay tuned for greater details.

I hope that you check out the many Youtube videos showing last seasons get together, and you see the friendships and great times held by all.

To those of you who have been here in the forum many years, I hope you take advantage of this event to meet face to face with all the members who attend. Just as I hope you finally make the effort to download the Ventrilo Software and join us in voice/text chat. Slowly the Aussies are out numbering us here in the states - sheer population numbers should have us 15 to 1, but the Aussies understand the great asset that Ventrilo voice chat is.

So please, if you ever hope to meet the regulars that you so enjoy reading, replying to, PMing and so on - this is the biggest chance you will have to meet them in person and enjoy a vacation that will stay in your mind for the rest of your life. Those of us attending last year had an incredible time, I don't want to commit the additional people attending, but I promise you will surely recognize their names and meeting people you know from their writings or voice makes you instantly comfortable when getting together.

More details to follow, but Friday April 24 through the weekend or when the party ends, is the days to put on your calendar and whether you drive or bus, train or fly - get to this gathering and I promise, you will feel like you are reuniting with friends and family.

Please post comments below whether you would like to attend, we are looking for a rough number of interested members. AND PLEASE make the effort here in 2010 to JOIN other members who have used Ventrilo for more than 4 years, we talk everything from bees to cooking, to anything under the sun - it is the most enjoyable feature you are missing out on and I think anyone NOT using Ventrilo is not making the most use of the forum.

Click this link for ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW how to start chatting in Ventrilo in Minutes http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,5880.0.html - and of course, as is everything at Beemaster Forums, it is free to all members and supported by the generosity of member contributions.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:46:20 pm by buzzbee »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: TIME TO START PLANNING 2010 INTErNATIONAL BEEMASTER GATHERING IS NOW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:42 pm »
i'm going to give it my best shot. won't know for sure until probably the end of Feb.  am keeping my fingers crossed :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline khalil

• Brood
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:41 am »
I am a new beekeeper and want to keep italian bees can you help me that where from I can take the bees first time plz. Also send any info to this email address: khalilhaidar@gmail.com
thanks

BEEMASTER REPLIES:

You have posted this in the wrong place, I will move the Question HERE in the GENERAL FORUM where I am sure someone may help you. Also, I know English may be a language you struggle with, but please tell us your location and I will add it to your user profile so we can all know where on Earth you are from.

Beemaster
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:59:07 am by beemaster »

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:58:20 am »
I would love to go to this, and might actually be able to make it as it it close enough to drive.  It would depend a lot on my work and the cost situation.

Is there a cost to attend?  Is there camping available, if we can't afford the lodge? 

I would be in hog heaven surrounded by all that experience to answer my questions!

Thanks,
ziffa

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 02:15:13 pm »
Good Questions:

No fee to have lodging in an incredible hunting lodge (you and a group would spend $4000 for a weekend here in the North in a setup like this - they could hold small weddings here honestly) BUT EVERY MEMBER is as asked to TIP LEONARD who will be your lodge keeper who keeps the place spotless after each night - you will have no messes to clean up with Leonard there: $20 is a nice 2 to 3 day stay, Your free lodging affords you to be generous with Leonard, his services makes your stay easier.

I promise you this, you will have MORE HANDS ON and INSTRUCTIVE EVENTS than you can believe, every day to or three things with PERSONAL ATTENTION to grafting by the Amazing Alan Buckley - an artisan among queen cell grafting. You could pay a forutne to have half the knowledge Alan Buckley has about beekeeping - your time in the car is worth learning from this incredible teacher.

The other thing, and I am mentioning it out of fairness, I hope that all who attend make some arrangements for meals, there are several places nearby or (and this is the best and most fare) chip in on the food costs, just your share and we'll out take advantage. What ever fits your pocket, we all know who everyone is worried about money.

This even is a celebration, should it turn in to a Woodstock, we might have to sell tickets to cover beer alone - lol. But for now, it is YOUR best beekeeping education and member meeting you may have this year. if you can drive, we hope you come.

About camping, check www.woodalls.com for anything 30 miles from Macon, MS just to see if their are any places. But Bud even has an OVER FLOW BUNKHOUSE (Bud says it isn't as fancy as the first) but we won't need over flow, we are bless to have a place at the cost of keeping it clean for us! Thanks to Leonard for that!

I hope this catches on, especially people who make a habit of visiting the forum regularly and know all the regulars. New or old here, if you particpate we will all eventually know you. Hope to see you there :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:28:54 pm by beemaster »

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 07:30:05 pm »
Thanks Beemaster!

That sounds absolutely awesome!  I am going to try my hardest to come.  Thank you to Bud and Leonard for such a great opportunity.

I just have to figure out the best way to convince the husband :).  But I will keep my fingers crossed and hope we can make it.

love,
ziffa

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 01:11:29 pm »
I spoke to Bud, who is all for segrigating unaccompnied women to their own section of one of the two lodges. It will be a well planned sleeping arrangement for all according to needs and situation.

I hope however it is that you make it, that you do  and it would be nice to have you there.

I hope to hear detqils from people qs we neerer the event. I'm thinking 20 people, many families and lots of couples and singles - I don't think that leave anyone out.

Still lots of time to go, but if you can drive their in only a few hours, then start making plans.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 07:05:43 pm »
unless im ill i will be there!
bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:54:40 am »
Hopefully barring any emergancy at the time i'll be there with bells on.  Can't wait to meet Bud, John, Dallas, Chris, Kathy, Little John, Alan, Ken, Geoff and everybody else in person.  Gonna be a rip roaring good time. 
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 07:55:18 am »
baily; ant beliving it , JP said you won't travel.  shore would like to see you here    EVERY ONE WELCOME
to bee or not to bee

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 11:25:30 am »
Hopefully barring any emergancy at the time i'll be there with bells on.  Can't wait to meet Bud, John, Dallas, Chris, Kathy, Little John, Alan, Ken, Geoff and everybody else in person.  Gonna be a rip roaring good time. 
What about me :'( I see how you are :-D :evil:
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 07:12:37 pm »
Giving that nothing takes priority,the Buzzbees are planning on making the trip to Buds!!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 08:04:57 pm »
i'm afraid i'm not going to make it.  we have a wedding to go to in the spring and hubby  has multiple trips he has to take.  i don't think he'll get the time off for buds and we also have to save for that trip to japan......

i still hold out hope, but as the calender fills, hope fades  :'(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 09:49:21 am »
Mjss Kathy; No way you gotta be here.   sho a bunch o folks looking to meet you in person, and dont worry if you have to leave yo pistols at home, i got a coupla extra in case Mick shows up and you get the hankering to chip him litely
to bee or not to bee

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 02:21:08 pm »
I would love to make it, but right now its up in the air. The 17th i have a show to do, but i'll try really hard. I want to even with it being a 14hr drive.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline Nate

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 05:14:15 pm »
I shall be at this event this year, guaranteed.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 08:06:20 pm »
I think we're going to make it!! If I can get the time off from work.  The hubby wants to come, maybe hit a couple of hot tamale trail places on the way.  And he's keen on learning about cut-outs, so JP be ready! :)

I am veerry excited!  Let's just hope my bees make it through the winter so I actually am a beekeeper when we go!

YAY!

love,
ziffa

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 09:35:35 pm »
working on it bud.  just don't know..........

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »
I think we're going to make it!! If I can get the time off from work.  The hubby wants to come, maybe hit a couple of hot tamale trail places on the way.  And he's keen on learning about cut-outs, so JP be ready! :)

I am veerry excited!  Let's just hope my bees make it through the winter so I actually am a beekeeper when we go!

YAY!

love,
ziffa

Ziffa, I am hoping to perform at least two cut outs during the event. Everyone is welcome to participate. We had a great time last year and plan on having even a bigger and better time this go round.

Everyone who can attend, please try and do so. The event will be very laid back and very hands on.

Alan Bukley will be present, of Mountainvalley bees http://www.mountainvalleybees.com/

Brendhan "Understudy" made it last year & should be attending again as far as I know.

Dallas "Pd Mattox" will be there and you can meet John Clayton "The Beemaster" who we all owe an aweful lot to for running this site.

I'm really hoping Linda T "Tillie" will be able to make the event and do some demonstrations on products from the hive such as her hand lotions & lip balms.

Nate has committed to the event I'm told as well and we are expecting Sam Comfort as well of Anarchy Apiaries http://anarchyapiaries.org/hivetools/

The list goes on but we can't leave out our host with the mostest Bud "Big Daddy", heck meeting Bud is worth the trip in itself y'all, trust me on this!

Anyway, mark your calenders for the weekend of April 24th 2010 in Macon, Mississippi.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 10:08:38 pm »
which airport is closest??