Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Bees are here...Oh S**t!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Lechwe

• House Bee
My Bees are here...Oh S**t!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 08, 2005, 11:30:03 am »
:shock: Got a call this morning that my bees are here and I need to get them in the morning. Wasn't expecting them for at least 2 more weeks. Not quite ready so I have to scramble to get my stuff together so I can install them tomorrow evening or Sunday morning.

Should be a fun summer. Now I will have 2 hives to play with.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 01:47:27 pm »
GREAT to SEE YOU BACK :)

I hope you make out okay, I'm sure you will - it sounds like a lot of people are going to be early or late - nothing worse though than a ahipping cage full of bees and see them drop to the bottom a few hundred a day.

I had one package DIE on me before I got to install them, but it was only 2 days after getting them and I had a second package at the same time and THEY did fine. I don't know what happened, but I surely should have thought about MAIL DAMAGE, but I think both shipping cages would have either lived or died, not one of each.

I need to look up another post of someone I was going to write concerning their bees being KEPT at the post-office too long. It is so important to look them over IMMEDIATELY or you will EAT the cost of the bees.

Best wishes and come around more often :) Let us know how everything works out.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 03:07:28 pm »
Hope everything runs smoothly. Cant wait to hear how it goes, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline JoshK

• New Bee
Re: My Bees are here...Oh S**t!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 02:31:44 pm »
Quote from: Lechwe
:shock: Got a call this morning that my bees are here and I need to get them in the morning.

A curious coincidence, Lechwe...  Where exactly did you have to go to get your packages?

Offline Lechwe

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 08:35:18 pm »
I got my bees from Groeb farms down near onstead MI.

anything