Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster Shirt Demo - what do YOU think?  (Read 7440 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Beemaster Shirt Demo - what do YOU think?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »
Thanks Steve... Miss you by the way, hope all is good?

I had a new coworker who worked at the state aquarium (actually now privatized) but anyway, the had a Happy Birthday t-shirt for their HIPPO and he brought a bunch of shirts into work, lucky for all of us they were 3X's. I don't think they have anything above that sadly, I do great (actually fits good) in the 3X but I know a lot of people that couldn't get it over their chests.

I checked and I have 2 things I ordered (one that was a "Visionary and Founder can thermos" the title given to me by Dallas, a title that I love to death, in my normally humble way  :-D

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 09:13:34 am »

I checked and I have 2 things I ordered (one that was a "Visionary and Founder can thermos" the title given to me by Dallas, a title that I love to death, in my normally humble way  :-D

Well, just look what your Beemaster idea grew to be. I think Ive said it before, but when I first became interested in bees, I searched package installation on Youtube and yours was the first video that I watched. Now get those gears turning again and come up with some good merchandise :)

Offline cowboygourmet

• New Bee
    • Autrey's Friendship Farms
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 09:27:43 am »
I'm all about a cool tshirt, but if you asking for suggestions...how about just a small design/logo of the left chest, then your beemaster.com on the back? Seems like huge screenprints on the front stick to you like glue when its hot.

I like the idea about a small logo on the front maybe with a bee pic.  Also it would be nice to have a front pocket.
Jest Remember to Keep your hands on the plow and your eyes on the Lord

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 05:07:15 pm »
Trimmed this some.....

Here is the demo photo below I showed earlier I this post:

Well.... This can holder came today and WOW is it nice!!! It is by Thermos and stainless inside and out with an air barrier for insulation. It looks EXACTLY like the demo above, although photographing stainless isn't easy. I came up with this photo.

I am really pleased with the printing the did, and the non-slip grip at the top. It doesn't sweat either. Very high quality which makes me feel good about the other stuff coming :) Here is one of the better photos I took. Now that I see how nice it is, I'm gonna get that "Visionary and Founder" can holder I was talking about - cool!!!

What do you think??

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 06:03:39 pm »
I like it!  Looks very nifty.  Just one thing, it does hold BEER cans too doesn't it?   :-D

love,
ziffa

Offline ronwhite3030

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 06:33:54 pm »
want tshirts let me know I have a guy that does em for cheap, and is really good, he does merch shirts and stuff for bands

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 12:10:04 am »
Ron:

The whole trick is to:
1) have no setup fees, as in silk screening
2) be able to do 1 item at a time, not bulk
3) drop ship directly to the buyer
4) have auto deposits for sales made to the original seller
5) remove all the hassle of handling items, inventor, all costs associated with selling.
6) easy online secure ordering.

Literally, we need to have an online store, maintained by a third party company who handles payments, printing, packaging and shipping - also offers free tracking - LITERALLY a ordering service that makes the buying experience pain free to the customers.

Please PM me if you want if your fella can do all that. It comes down to the price of doing business, but Frankly I want nothing to do with the handling and shipping end of any of this - I'm looking for a service that is well established and has incredible customer feedback. As mentioned above, I have order several things, a few t-shirts and coffee mugs (which are now on the way) and the can thermos which is here and it is serious quality from the basic thermos to the printing which is EXACTLY what I expected.

It gets down to one thing and one thing only... Would I buy things again through Cafepress and the answer is 100% yes (so far, we still have a few items coming) but if they match in quality the thermos, then I believe they are an incredible USA Company from Louisville, KY who hires Americans and that is seriously a thumbs up from me!

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 01:15:30 am »
how about a man with a whip and chair facing a hive  with BeeMaster wantabee under it. :-D

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 08:42:44 am »
I love CafePress - I have several shirts about beekeeping from them - some included in your sample picks when you searched beekeeping items.  I own Understudy's 'Have a swarm? Nuc 'em" shirt, 2 bee or not 2 bee, keeper of the bees, and a couple of others.  I also ordered the clock with the bees on honeycomb - I've given it away for presents, own one myself, and gave it as my contribution to our gift exchange at the bee club last year.

I only had one problem and that is a clock that didn't work - the big hand didn't move.  I asked to exchange it and they sent me TWO new clocks and didn't want the broken one back.

Great company, at least from my experience.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Mike Tuggle

• New Bee
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 09:11:50 am »
Going back "a page" I really like JP's scripting for the shirts -- unless it was just BeeMaster.  We do want to "start a conversation."

Still, this is a really good discussion....

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »
Welll...... Checked the TRACKING after getting emails from Cafepress.com and my T-Shirts are on the way! Expected delivery day by Wednesday, which coincidentally is the same day my coffee mugs will arrive.

I'll have a youtube video up showing the items for everyone to judge quality and use their imagination to help in the contest for best slogan, artwork (or photos) and the most request Beemaster product - 2012 Calendar using the photos of the members,

Mind you, use your imagination on the calendar and have months in mind surely we don't want a workers collecting pollen in January, so even though I'll be arranging the images to best serve the calendar layout, we will need images for all seasons.

Next I want you to imagine the sizes of the product's, and  if it is a 2.5X5 inch  - and if you are doing images or photos or drawings, it is important to give the HIGHEST RESOLUTION POSSIBLE, so that shrinking them will improve the artwork and fonts.

At the site www.cafepress.com, they give you minimal setting for the overall artwork and slogan. You don't need to be a pro digital artist - but I have chosen 300dpi (they as for at least 200) and give you the exact dimensions you need to work with. And if you use Paint.net (actual name) then you MUST choose resolution (300dpi) first that image size.  Remember too that you are working in INCHES not PIXELS - they cafepress gives you the dimensions and SOMETIMES you get two sizes....

1) Bleed - this is a  number that allows your image to expand past the limits of the image, so they can crop it to fit perfectly and

2) actually size - this is as it states, the working parameters so that you have EXACTLY what you need to stay in. Many image editing programs have the same limits that you need to establish prior to working with artwork. You CAN make artwork bigger, but then you need re-size the image to fit and this could/will mess up pixels, causing sharp jagged fonts and blurry images.

So read the info, you don't need to open a store, you can just go in and get the specs and go from there. You can also SAVE your ARTWORK (no charge and limited info required) and go back to it later. But keep it in your drive, makes for finding so simple.

Lastly - hand drawing it/them and posting it here is easier too - I can always do the final cuts. The members want nice stuff, I hope to give it to them in many styles and of course add them to the collective of images (that 36,000 image collection) that has LOTS of nifty ideas to work off of too.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »
Today my Coffee Mugs came!!! Tomorrow, T-shirts :)

Here are a few snapshots I took, just to show it off a bit. They did an incredible job and I'll be keeping one in my locker at work and the other here at home. I'll post a couple pics, the ones generated by the website are very realistic, but not as razor sharp as on the mugs themselves.

well.... how do they look.

I'm also going to post a ROUGH logo I have stuck in my head - I have the term Beemaster.com where the "B" is actually a drawing of a bee's profile in the shape of the Capital "B" - it is rough, but I think it is really a cool idea, something that would look great (when drawn well) as a logo for shirt pockets, where ever Beemaster.com is placed on an object. That rough logo coming after I trim the other drawings from the image.

How's the mug look though, I like it, and vanity paraphernalia is serious cool :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »
Can't wait for the shirts.   Good looking mugs there.

anything