Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Advertisment  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
Advertisment
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:38:23 pm »

Where do yall advertise for Swarm and Hive removal.
Last year I could google bee removal and find my name on a site in just a few clicks.
This year I can't even find me. Do any of you all try googling bee removal and seeing how long it take to find your adds.

It has me wondering if google and yahoo changed how they search or line up the search results or if the sites I went on last year have closed down.
I am pretty sure one of the place that I advertised is no longer there.

If you know of a good site please let me know.

Oh and someone keeps flagging my add on craiglist

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Advertisment
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 05:56:42 pm »
i have no problem with craigs list.  i get lots of calls from them.  i put my adds under something like farming/ag/gardening.  if your state has some law that regulates removals, you might be flagged if you don't have a license number.  that, or putting your ad in the wrong place.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 06:31:39 pm »
I put mine under farm and ag too. I will work both the North and Jackson area in Mississippi by the way craig splits the state I think its someone is  ticked that I charge that flags my Jackson adds and only the Jackson ones.

I am also on the 911 list (I think) when I call them and they don't seem really thrilled to take my number. Now the local PD I called to make sure they hadn't lost my number and they called me by name and they are the only ones that have ever called me out.

I would post with other local towns PD and FD but normally you need to go get the swarm right then and with work its hard to run 30 miles one way or the other at the drop of a hat.

Side note I had the Yellow Pages call me today off my add on Craiglist wanting me to Put a Add in the book and online. The starter package was 80 Bucks a month and they wanted you to sign up for 12 months. This was for the Jackson Area they did say I could work out a deal with them so after 3 months I could cancel. It seemed high for someone that has trouble finding paying customers right now.

I always ask how people hear of me when they call lately Beesource Removal is the number one answer.

Anyone have luck with newspapers.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:44:08 pm »
Exterminators are the best I have found
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:14:00 pm »
Ditto what iddee said. Blanket the local exterminators with flyers and cards or, better yet, stop by and flirt with the secretary and hand them a jar of honey :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:47:54 am »
Exterminators are the best I have found

I hope you guys are right.  I called every single one in our phone book.  Each one was excited to get my name and number, I just haven't been called yet.  Hopefully thing will change soon (after all, isn't that what Barry Obama promised, hope and change  :-D) 

I am not saying they don't work, I just thought I would have gotten a call by now.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline GWDawg1

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 09:00:56 am »
I called the exterminators around here, they all seemed excited, too.  But I haven't gotten a call yet.    I also called 911, the Sheriff, and Police in 2 different towns, and they all said they didn't keep a list.  I am thinking of getting some cards printed, going by these places, and leave a card.  I believe something in their hand will help remember you when they get a call.   I had a friend that started a home inspection business from the ground up and he carried around cards and coffee mugs.  It really helped him get going.

Offline snmyork

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 08:22:08 am »
I have told exterminators, ag office, and our local bee club and have not had a call. I did get a call from someone at my church, only problem it was for bees in a 4 ft. diameter tree and the entrance was 10 feet up. I am still waiting to hear from the owner on what they want to do.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 10:42:27 am »
I just removed my craigslist ad. Everyday I would have 15-20 spam emails. Too much for me.

Offline NasalSponge

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 05:47:00 pm »
Dropped off a flier at the local fire dept. but 99% of my calls come from the State assoc swarm recovery list, definitely worth the $20 a year.

anything