Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Naming things Appropriately  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Naming things Appropriately
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:35:50 pm »
The State of Washington's nickname is "The Evergreen State", it should be the Waterlogged State.
Washington averages a 75 year flood every 4 years and a 100 year flood every 6 years and we've had at least two 500 year floods in the last 150 years.  In comparrison (but not to belittle) Iowa as just experienced it's 1st 500 year flood in over 200 years.

It's State bird is the Gold Finch but the Mud hen (coot) is more appropriate.
The official animal should be the Gooey Duck, a large clam, because we're underwater so much.
The Skumk Cabbage, not the Rhodadendron should be the state flower, it afterall grows in the swarmp.
The Johnny Cash song "Three Feet High and Risin'" should be the state song instead of Looey Looey although that's not such a bad choice.
We have three uary months--1 more than the rest of the nation--January, February, and Junuary.
We have 1 week of summer in either July or August and I believe we should have a lottery over name the days of summer with a million dollar jackpot for the person who guesses right.
According to the Comic Strip BC, Seattle is the best sun screen a person can find--when it isn't raining it's cloudy.
3rd generation native born Washingtonians can be identified by webbed hands and feet and gill slits behind the ears  (The movie Water World had to have been inspired by a Washington vacation).

What's miss named in your state or town?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Naming things Appropriately
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:20:02 pm »
Brian, thats wonderful & so true. 1st generation Washingtonian & transplants have that greenish tinge of alge/moss!  I'm hoping for a long indian summer this year.  Except for the rainy days Sept early Oct. is beautiful, warm days cool nights.  I love your sense of humor and knowledge of so many things!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard