Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kid gloves  (Read 2713 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Kid gloves
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:05:59 am »
I am so EXCITED!  I ordered kid gloves from Dadant - thinking they could be for my grandson.  I have struggled for two years now with my gloves that have 1 inch left over at the finger tips and are therefore klutzy and awkward to wear.  The gloves came and they are Dadant XXS and are a perfect fit for me!!!!!!!

Since beekeeping clothing is not designed for women, here's a find - order kid gloves instead of regular gloves and you won't have to be an awkward beekeeper  (actually these are stamped XXS so are probably adult gloves in an XXS, even though marketed as kid gloves)

FYI.
Linda T with happy hands in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Kid gloves
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 11:30:30 am »
I say if you wear gloves at all, wear some kind of latex glove, they give the best dexterity, and you can get them anywhere. Playtex living, stripping gloves, etc...

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:56:09 pm »
If I wear latex, I sweat so much that in pulling them off, there's a ton of liquid that comes off too - so uncomfortable.  I wear gloves because I get a pretty odd reaction to stings - the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet itch like crazy - so I try to avoid giving the girls the opportunity.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 12:37:39 am »
Linda, my hands look like they're 150 yrs old after I take the gloves off, but oh, the dexterity.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jingles

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:44:42 am »
The bees don't sting thru latex gloves???

How about a latex bee suit? Wouldn't THAT intrigue the neighbors! (just kidding  :-D)

Love, Marla

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:50:57 am »
I just buy leather driving gloves and tuck them into the elastic sleeves on my jacket.  I don't buy "bee" gloves.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything