Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New AZ Bee Keeper  (Read 1992 times)

Offline AaronP77

• New Bee
  • Just me and Icky.....a boy and his lizard
    • My feeder insect business
New AZ Bee Keeper
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:19:22 pm »
I am new to bee keeping, although not to insects or exotics. I currently keep a variety of pythons( my second clutch of woma pythons is pipping their egg today!!!!  :-D :-D :-D ) and lizards. I also raise various insects for use as feeders and I have a small collection of tarantulas.

I am leaning bee keeping from a person here in Arizona that has done it for almost 35 years. 

I am 31 as of June. I have heard of the problems affecting the bees ( colony collapse)  for over 2 years now on various talk shows. It was to my great surprise to stumble on my teacher while I was centipede hunting one day in june! We become instant friends and I look forward to having my own hives possibly ready to winter this summer ( he dose swarm removal and I will be assisting to acquire a few swarms for re queening) .
I think I will be doing this the rest of my life!
Bee Happy!!!
and have a happy July 4th
-aaron
aaron pauling

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: New AZ Bee Keeper
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 03:25:45 pm »
Aaron, welcome to our forum. You have found THE place to spend time, to learn, to tell us of your experiences of life.  You are in an interesting field, with all the critters that you are speaking about and I personally, would love to hear more, when you have that time.  You will make new friends, we are as a family and care deeply about the lives of others.  Tell us your tales, learn everything that you can about bees, you will indeed be held under their spell AND....have that most beautiful and wonderful day, living it and loving it like there was never a tomorrow.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service