Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Niece, the leaves and the pile  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My Niece, the leaves and the pile
« on: November 21, 2008, 11:00:26 am »
Oh this little gal can work.  She has been also my partner-in-crime outside, along with Titan, the little Pittbull. You will probably remember seeing many pictures of her in my posts.  They both work so hard it could make your head swim.  This little girl of 6 years of age, works as hard as any adult.  She is always doing that yard worky thing.  One of her biggest accomplishments this fall has been a pile of leaves that I am sure was taller than her.  I still have no clue how she got the pile so upright and so tall, wonderment, that is all I can say.....and she makes me proud, that little lady in the making. 

This is the little girl that has grown up in a world of boys around our place, not a single girl to play with, until she began school this fall, entering into Grade 1.  She now has little girls that come over and play with her, this must make her day, those days of those stinky little boys that drove her pretty well nuts, trying to keep up with them, hee, hee.  Well, these experiences of trying to do boy things for so many years, have certainly created one tough little girl, and no one is ever gonna take advantage of her.  She knows how to handle stinky little boys, hee, hee....this makes me smile when I recall watching how she would try to keep up with the little boys, playing so hard, climbing those trees, she has honed some very special skills.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, love and live life, great health wishes to us all. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: My Niece, the leaves and the pile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:12:49 pm »
That is a great pile of leaves! All those skills learned from trying to keep up w/the boys will definitely come in handy later on in life.  She will have a special insight & be able to handle the stuff guys will try to throw at her!  Looks like she is well on her way to making her own rock pile!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: My Niece, the leaves and the pile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:32:05 am »
Jody, I don't doubt for a minute that when she gets all big, and grown up, she will have that rock pile.  This was a teeny tiny little girl the age of three, a few years ago, that saw me trying to pull out a clump of buttercup.  Now if you know buttercup, you know the massive entanglement of roots that they have, the ones that spread out, about 6 inches long and go go thickly into the earth.  Well, she saw me, said that she would grab it and pull it out.  She took those tiny teeny little 3-year-old girl-hands and pulled that blinkin' buttercup weed right out of the earth, well shiver me timbers!!!  She just plain and simply pulled so hard on it and it came flyin' out of the earth.  That was so funny.  Now, the earth around my place is always  very moist and the buttercup set the biggest and deepest roots that you can possibly imagine, they do grow well here, and don't they just set the most lovely little yellow flowers.  Last year, I saw the bees actually working them, they worked the dandelions too, never seen that here before, it was a strange year for the bees to say the least.  Love life, have that wonderful day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything