Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: One year Anniversary of my blog  (Read 4654 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
One year Anniversary of my blog
« on: April 16, 2007, 11:44:20 pm »
Today is the one year anniversary of my bee blog. 

I installed my bees on Easter Sunday, April 16, 2006 last year.  I feel pleased that I have been able to keep the blog up - I post regularly on it and I've had visitors to it from all over the world.  The 100th visitor today was from China.  Last year in the entire year I had almost 6000 visitors to the blog.  This year in just the first 3 1/2 months, there have been over 2500 visitors. 

It's just an accounting of what I am doing and what the bees are doing, but I put up lots of pictures and I think that may be part of the reason people visit - I have good pictures of how to and not use the wax tube fastener, for example; how to make your own robber screen; and a number of posts about how to do crush and strain honey harvesting, and of course, lots of pictures of bees while I've been inspecting.

I've had a good time with it and will continue it this second year of beekeeping.

Linda T, a happy blogger in Atlanta  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: One year Anniversary of my blog
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:50:44 am »
Congradulations.  You have a great blog.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline likes2grill

• Dan
  • House Bee
    • D's Bees
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 07:57:54 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Congrats and well done.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:59:52 am »
Linda, right on and good for you.  I have told you before that I take my hat off to you and I still take my hat off to ya!!!  YOu must spend an awful lot of time working on this blog.  This kind of stuff overwhelms me, in that I just don't understand how on earth you can figure out how to make everything look so good and keep it interesting too.  Great going, keep on keepin' on!!!!  Best of this beautiful and wonderful day, fantastic health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:06:36 am »
Linda, Such a great blog and the video was beautiful.  I even left a comment.  Everyone here is such an inspiration ... I am grateful to have found this site!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 06:53:22 pm »
And heres to another year of your blog.It is a great model for a blog! :)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 08:54:16 am »
Thanks, Ken and everyone.  I've had a lot of fun keeping it and I've seen my bees in different ways because I am always on the lookout for something interesting to post on the blog, so I end up researching something on this site or elsewhere on the web, or reading about some beekeeping issue - just because I am keeping the blog!

Linda T, blogging and beekeeping in Atlanta

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:55:06 am »
Linda, yep, blog on.  Beautiful day, great day, great health to all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service