Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Did the local gov cover up the AHB in south Georgia?  (Read 4107 times)

Offline ArmucheeBee

• Field Bee
Re: Did the local gov cover up the AHB in south Georgia?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 08:34:06 pm »
Chickens:  about 2-3 years ago.  I talked with Irvin's assistant, and he said if you sell from home you are OK!!  Thus the market bulletin is OK.  The difference is that the birds come into contact with other birds at sales, but if they are not testing your flock for disease---what the heck does it matter??  He did not return that email question!   It's just a revenue stream.  Oh, the fine for selling is $150, the permit is $20!  I'm quickly turning Libertarian! 
Stephen Stewart
2nd Grade Teacher

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."  SpongeBob Squarepants

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 09:26:04 pm »
It is hard to make it, selling hens for $5. 

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 10:16:36 pm »
Well, Albany is pretty messed up already on their handling of animals. I have this straight from a fellow NWCO in that area. For them to be handling honeybees falls right in line with them trapping wildlife without a license that they are already doing. I kind of get the gist that there are some in that city who have a we don't need outsiders mentality. From my experience when you run into folks like that they very rarely even have a clue as to just what they are dealing with so I kind of doubt any sort of conspiracy to hide AHB. Maybe the Dept of Ag isn't telling all that it knows (or it could just be that they are so short handed that they don't have a clue) but I doubt it. I've talked with some folks over there and they seem to be like almost all gov agencies in this state BROKE and without the means to get into the field like they would like. When they say that beeks are the frontline I think they mean it, we're on our own folks.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

anything