Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ivan  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Ivan
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:04:05 am »
Ivan is getting very mature now.  A sweet gentle giant, a Light Brahma, standard sized.  Never could I have believed a rooster could be so nice, narry a bad bone in his body, and he is good to the girls too, they love him to pieces.  He is big, monstrous sized fellow,  and my pride and joy, raised him from an incubating egg that I got a bunch from Brian Bray when we had our bee barbeque last August in 2008.  Despite having his toenails ripped off by the alpha rooster that used to be here, he has come out big and strong.  That other rooster is not here now, and he is king of the roost, with those toenails that grew back, but just not quite normal, poor fella.  Enjoy this picture, and have this most beautiful and wonderful day, great health.  Cindi

I've decided to use photobucket for my image uploading, it is a simple program and the photobucket tab can be kept open, toggling from photobucket to the forum to upload images so quickly. You may be surprised the stories I am going to start to tell, hee, hee, now your in for it....  Now that I have a little more time with my winter hibernation (well, kind of, sort of, kind of) and finding a program that uploads so quickly and EASILY.  It is all good.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Ivan
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:14:35 pm »
Yays Cindi, stories & pictures!  You know how nosy I am loving to see & hear all about others lives!  Ivan is truly beautiful.  You can see how proud he is of himself and his girls! Off to work!

Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:18:09 pm »
You know I always love to hear about your adventures with the chickens. You always make them sound so cute and cuddly.

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:37:39 am »
Oh, MY! He certainly is a handsome dude!! I hope he brings you years of happiness and many offspring like himself!
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle