Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Merry Christmas from southern Indiana  (Read 1660 times)

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Merry Christmas from southern Indiana
« on: December 25, 2012, 09:07:57 pm »
I have always been fascinated with honeybees.  Whether it was when I was a child (40+ years ago) having to watch where I stepped in the yard so as not to step on them barefoot and get stung or visiting my grandpa and standing by his hives just watching the bees do their thing.  Even the absence of the bees in my yard (about twenty+ years ago) and then the more recent return to my yard (about five years ago) has gotten my attention.  I've decided to take the leap and get some bees of my own.  Hopefully I'll get everything in order this winter (build hives, get equipment, etc..)so I can get the bees this spring.  I've been reading posts from this site off and on for about a year.  I've learned a lot and will continue to do so.  Thanks for providing a spot for people to learn.

Chris

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Merry Christmas from southern Indiana
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Chris.  You may want to see if there is a local bee club near you.  There used to be some fields kinda just west of town I think, its been a long time since I have been there.  My brother used to be a pastor there.  Good luck to you, beeking is addictive.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:06 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:22 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Quote from: Joe D
You may want to see if there is a local bee club near you.
Yes, there is, the Southwest Indiana beekeepers:
http://www.in.gov/dnr/entomolo/files/ep-beekeeper_assoc.pdf

Also, the Indiana State Beekeepers are having their spring meeting in Anderson - just north of Indy - on Feb 9th. They offer a full-day beginning beekeeping class in conjunction with this meeting:
http://www.hoosierbuzz.com/