Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Damage capped brood phenomenon  (Read 2526 times)

Offline toruhikaru

• Brood
Damage capped brood phenomenon
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:48:04 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my bees. i just started with 3 boxes of bees and all of my capped brood are starting to have holes in them. this causes premature bees to die. if this problems goes on. i will have no new bees to be sustained. I've been seeking advices from some of the local beekeepers but they dun have any idea about the problems. A perfect capped brood frame is put into the box and all of it turns out to be open the next day. the bee will start digging those capped brood open. Have any of you face the same problem?? i will upload the picture later. Thank you in advance.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Damage capped brood phenomenon
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:14:09 am »
i have.  i am not sure what caused it, but they opened and pulled all the brood.  my suspicion what that the brood was laid during a time when the weather was bad and the hive nutrition was low.  i also found some  chalkbrood at the same time.

it was my 5 frame observation hive and it really set them back. i know that's not a real definitive answer.......

what does the brood look like when they pull it  are they dropping it outside where you can take a close look.  pictures would be good.  you'll have to get a moderator to post them for you as your picture privileges don't start until you have more posts.

also...can you go to your profile and post your location.  it will help.  thanks.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything