Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen larvae, Yummm.  (Read 1028 times)

Offline uglyfrozenfish

• House Bee
Queen larvae, Yummm.
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:42:54 pm »
Hi all, thought you might be interested in hearing about what I saw today.  I was in a hive that went laying worker, and before any of the eggs hatched I threw in two frames of eggs and larvae from a stronger hive.  A week later I had some queen cells/cups and was cautiously optomistic.  It has been over a month and there are a few scattered capped drone cells but no worker brood.  When I looked tonight I saw a queen cell that looked like it was being ripped apart.  Some of the bees were using their probiscus(sp?) on the larvae.  I didn't know what to think.   Did a different queen hatch and they are cleaning up or did they give into the evil :evil: laying worker and are systematically eliminating the good  :)queen rivals?   I thought it was interesting, not much I can do about it.  I think that unfortunately that hive is doomed and I need to disband them to my other hives.   Sorry no pics, havn't got a camera that I can use.  Wife doen't want honey and propolis on our family camera :-D

anything