Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Traffic cone bees  (Read 7819 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Traffic cone bees
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:54:59 am »
This was this morning...the morning after our disaster. I don't really care to talk about it much as I'm ready to move on and rebuild so, although I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the fire, I won't bring up the subject anymore.

Kathy, I've gotta say, you folks that help out people after a crisis are angels! Don't hold it against me if I woo you when I see you next...it's probably just some kind of complex I'm experiencing :-D

Traffic cone bees and fire damage.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
Re: Traffic cone bees
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:19:20 am »
Scott and Peg,
I am sorry about the loss of your house. At least, thank God, that you didn't get hurt, or worse. Most "stuff" can be replaced, but not health. Keep your chins up, and know that your friends are praying for you.
Alan

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
So sorry for your loss, you still have each other thankfully
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
dang old buddie; sho sorry to hear about yo house, been missing youall. i know its a long ways, but i got a coupla spare beds if it will help
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:32:39 am »
I see what you mean now when you said you couldn't save anything. Scott we are all here for you if you need anything at all. Wishing you guys the very best at getting back on your feet.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:10 pm »
Wow Scott! This is the first that I heard about the fire. Glad that you and Peggy and family got out OK.

Do you know what started it?

I hope everything goes well with the rebuilding!

Larry

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »
i am just glad you are ok.  it's a shock to have that happen, i know.  i hope someone was there for you.  we are not angles.  just folks who have the time and energy...and desire, to make our corner of the world a little better.

hang in. the bad is temporary  ;)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »
Sad, but very glad nobody got hurt.

Prayers from Kansas

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:19:43 pm »
The second part of the video was a real heart breaker.   So sorry guys.  I am really sorry for your loss there. 

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 09:20:55 pm »
I forgot to ask, at the beginning during the intro, what kind of bird was hollering in the background.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:41 am »
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone, it really does help. What a wonderful community of beekeepers we have here! I gotten calls from all over the U.S. in the last two days and Geoff even called from Australia! Each and every caller has offered to help in any way they could and it's just fills my heart to know that we have so many friends here....we love you all.

Allen, the bird you hear in the video is a sandhill crane.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 10:30:48 am »
 My thoughts and prayers are with you friend.

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 03:37:52 am »
So sorry to hear about your loss.  Thank goodness you and your family are safe.  My thoughts are with you.

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 08:52:05 am »
Glad you are ok and hope your firearms made it ok.

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 11:35:02 am »
Oh, man, I feel for you.  Prayers are with you.  Good luck.

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:52:28 am »
**Update** Just closed on a new place yesterday! 3.5ac on a nice lake in the country. The house and barn both need tons of work but we should get it all fixed up in a few months. Huge live oaks dance around the property and pineapple plants are everywhere. It's got a small citrus grove and a few plantings of Surinam cherries.

As it turns out it was cheaper to buy this place than to buy the materials to rebuild our home.

Should be a great place for an apiary and honey house!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 10:40:59 am »
Congrats on your new place.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 11:18:14 am »
Awesome that you've landed on your feet.  I didn't know about the fire until I saw this video today.  My heart goes out to you and yours.  Having gone through that myself when I was a boy, you never forget the smell of a burned home or rumaging through what's left.  Looking back, everything was replaced in one way shape or form.  It's the family that's irreplaceable.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline Riggs

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 11:44:39 am »
Good to hear, congrats on the new place.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 03:45:38 pm »
Great find there Scott.