Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello! From NC  (Read 2031 times)

Offline wvbelcher

• New Bee
    • Honeybees 101
Hello! From NC
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:39:20 pm »
Hello,

Looking forward to  understanding more about beekeeping and contributing to the forum

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello! From NC
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:08:51 am »
Hello and welcome!

Glad you found us. This is a great forum for learning more about bees and beekeeping. You didn't tell us much about yourself. Do you have bees? How many colonies? How long? etc.

A few of my usual recommendations:
1) Update your profile to include your location. We won't remember you're in NC when you post, and since much of beekeeping is location specific, we'll be able to better answer your questions when your location is visible.
2) I use the 'search' function a lot. Very often I find that my question has been discussed previously and I can get an immediate answer.
3) Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are great places to get connected with other local beeks, find mentors and learn more. Clubs often offer beekeeping classes that are focuses on beekeeping in your specific area.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:04 am »
wvbelcher.  Interesting name, hee, hee.  Welcome to our forum, you are already contributing.  When you have time, tell us a little more of yourself, we love to hear what new members are up to.  This is indeed a place where you will enjoy to spend time, learn, and tell stories.  Have a wonderful and most beautiful day, lovin' our groovy life we all share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:38:09 am »
join the NC beekeeping association can't link web site here but u can search it.  It will provide U with the names of beekeepers in your area that will help u get started