Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Africanized Bees in Utah  (Read 3599 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Africanized Bees in Utah
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:41:57 pm »
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
Re: Africanized Bees in Utah
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 05:01:45 pm »
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5564833

Just as a heads up. Whit is a buddy of mine and I have already talked to him about doing a follow up story here quickly about the fact that normally 99% of the time bees are fine and should be left alone. I am worried when they do stories like that cause folks are just going to go off and kill all the hives and or bees that they find. This is the station that I do my HomeCoach series with so I am hoping to pull a few strings and get a good long explanation of how things work. (Fingers Crossed)

I plan to have them come out and film us working our bees in just a t-shirt or something to show that not all bees are going to kill you just for the fun of it.
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:41 pm »
That was one of the more responsible articles I have read on AHB's.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Bobb

• House Bee
    • Honey Hive Farms
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 11:19:53 pm »
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5564833

Just as a heads up. Whit is a buddy of mine and I have already talked to him about doing a follow up story here quickly about the fact that normally 99% of the time bees are fine and should be left alone. I am worried when they do stories like that cause folks are just going to go off and kill all the hives and or bees that they find. This is the station that I do my HomeCoach series with so I am hoping to pull a few strings and get a good long explanation of how things work. (Fingers Crossed)

I plan to have them come out and film us working our bees in just a t-shirt or something to show that not all bees are going to kill you just for the fun of it.
F
I didn't see your post and I posted this link in the main posting forum. Sorry if someone wants to remove it.
Bobb
"Power, especially overgrown power, whets the ambition and sets all the wits to work to enlarge it. Therefore, encroachments on peoples liberties are not generally made all at once, but so gradually as hardly to be perceived by the less watchful; and all plastered over, it may be, with such plausible pretenses, that before they are aware of the snare, they are taken and can not disentangle themselves."

Samuel Webster
Massachusetts 1777