Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Roger and C3 on the way to Virginia  (Read 2737 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Roger and C3 on the way to Virginia
« on: September 10, 2004, 11:47:24 am »
Well... It's 10:30am and BigRog just left with a very securely packaged C3 colony aboard his caddy! He has a 6 to 8 hour ride ahead, but we did a great job of boarding up and screening C3 for maximum ventilation and secure supers and bottom board.

As we dismantled C3, Rog got to see workers by the thousands, drones, larva and even the queen - honestly, that hive is nearing SWARM time and he got  an extra super and all he needs are a set of frames to build UP a story in that hive.

Our visit together was short, but we got everything done that we wanted to and Rog took all the photos, so expect to see some pics very soon!

The whole boarding up and screening job took just over an hour and the stragglers (and there were a bunch) from C3 are trying to mingle into C2 - I wish them well.

So best of luck to the newest OFFICIAL BEEKEEPER in our family of forum Members BigRog and to his own C1 colony that I hope thrives at their new home in Virginia.

The only regret we have, I wish Rog could have stayed at least one more day and we could have done a few more local things of interest - but something tells me that Rog will be back :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.