Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: DEER HUNTING IN THE SWAMP  (Read 12086 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
DEER HUNTING IN THE SWAMP
« on: December 07, 2010, 01:17:46 am »
BEEN DEER HUNTING ALOT. I GOT A CHANCE TO KILL A NICE 8PT BUCK.MAN, I LOVE TO HUNT DEER IN THE SWAMPS DOWN HERE.JP ANDI WERE INVITED ON A DEER HUNT IN NC BUT I COULDN"T MAKE IT WITH JP.WHEN HE GET BACK WE WILL MAKE SOME SWAMP HUNTING VIDEOS.  ...SCHAWEE
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
Re: DEER HUNTING IN THE SWAMP
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:22:08 am »
SORRY THE VIDEO DID NOT WORK AGAIN.I HAVE IT ON YOUTUBE IF SOMEONE CAN POST IT FOR ME .    ;;;SCHAWEE
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:51:51 am »
You owe me a shake Schawee  :-D

BUCK DOWN

I still get the jitters when I have horns in the scope and then really start to shaking when it hits the ground. Nice one man.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:28:34 am »
Great shot! He dropped like a tater :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:07:48 pm »
k9,thanks for posting it for me.if you ever this way i will get you 2 shakes :-D    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »
Now that's the way we like to see them go down after the shot ;) He dropped like a rock !! Congrats Schawee.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 08:31:27 pm »
Good shot! Where did the bullet hit? What caliber are you shooting? It does make you sick when one runs.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »
I got me some I Kam glasses for recording the hunt for Christmas (my gift to me).  Hands free recording.   Now just need to get in the woods.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 10:57:44 pm »
i shoot a 257weatherby.i hit him in the lower neck.i like to shoot long range with this gun.i shoot a 115 grain bullet at 3500fps.this deer was 130yrds,but i killed a deer at 487yards with it.i have a video of me shooting at 450yrdsand the amazing thing is that you can see the bullet going throught the air to the target.im working on getting it posted but having trouble posting it.   ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 09:27:32 am »
k9,thanks for posting it for me.if you ever this way i will get you 2 shakes :-D    ...schawee

Wow..10 pounds of shake..I couldnt walk...

I shoot a Browning 25-06. Super fast- shoots flat and with plenty of knockdown when it gets there. Ive seen the .257. Never shot one though.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 09:49:32 am »
I usually shoot a .223 but every now and then I'll pull out the 7.62x54. I think you could hit 'em in the foot with that thing and they'd still drop :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 11:45:27 am »
Schawee, I commented on your youtube page when you made the post but you never did respond there so I will post the question here.

How many giant vanilla shakes does it take to make a video like that?  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:46 pm »
jp,it takes 3 shakes to make it. one before,one during and one after :-D. i had my secret scent to bring that buck in close.10 drops of vanilla shake on a scrape and get ready because they come  running to it :-D   ...schawee     when will i here a deer report
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 11:37:37 pm »
Yeah, that's what I thought, three gigantic shakes, can't get no deer with a baby shake!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 09:56:15 am »
jp,it takes 3 shakes to make it. one before,one during and one after :-D. i had my secret scent to bring that buck in close.10 drops of vanilla shake on a scrape and get ready because they come  running to it :-D   ...schawee     when will i here a deer report

I think Jp's avoiding the question about a deer report Schawee. Might here a story about scope being knocked out by travel, stars not being aligned right, etc  :-D

But...I have heard that vanilla is a good deer attractant as well as anise.

Smells better than doe pee-probably tastes a little better too..Long story, but check on wind direction before spraying an aerosol estrus. Doesnt mix well with Copenhagen.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 06:10:59 pm »
Doe in heat flavored snuff?

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »
Doe in heat flavored snuff?

yeah, and tastes as bad as it smells :p

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 11:04:13 am »
You cracked him well  :-D
Am I the only one who saw all the Shot or ?? what ever hit the water
Its seems like he could have been hit with buck shot ( I know Not)
But what are all the rings in the water?

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 11:55:53 am »
I noticed that too.

I vote for the bullet skipping across the water.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:55 pm »
I think its either bullet fragments or deer bone fragments, but am leaning towards bullet fragments.

...JP

anything