Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My old, old house  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My old, old house
« on: January 20, 2007, 11:17:32 am »
Finally rousted up some pics of my house taken last summer and my daughter's home.  Her home is a 10 X 30 foot mobile home that my husband built a huge addition to.  That is where my daughter, her husband and my two grandsons live.  It is about 30 feet from my house.  It is wonderful having them live so close.

Our property was surveyed in 1949, so I imagine the house was built shortly thereafter.  The house was built by a Finnish gentleman by the name of Fred Hillon.  Now if I am not mistaken the Finnish people took great care in the workmanship of carpentry.  Our house is sturdy.  It has had many wonderful renovations done to it over the years.

We have lived here for 17 years and have done stuff too, as well as the previous owners.  It is a 3 level house, so the looks are deceiving.  It has 6 bedrooms and a basement suite as well, which we use for a recreational area.

My youngest niece that lives on our property too is shown in the picture playing with the little pitbull dog that is one of the loves of my life.  Enjoy the pictures.

My daughters home

We have a very large yard.  It takes me about 2 hours to mow all of it.  I would  love to have a ride on lawnmower, but there are so many obstacles to go around, it would never work here.  So, I consider it exercise, about 2 times a week all summer long.  It is a good thing, keeps me fit.  C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Re: My old, old house
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:23 pm »
What a mansion!

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 04:39:36 pm »
It's a beautiful home, Cindi!  My house was built in 1953, which around here isn't hold by any means.  I love it, though, and your pictures show the love you've put into your place. 

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 12:43:58 am »
Old! it doesnt look a year past 2000
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson